New Latanoprost-Based Formula Used by Hollywood Celebrities

Dr.

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi HairlossTalk Members,
Wanted to follow-up on the crowdsourced solution I've been working on thanks to all of your input (starting a new thread here, original one was Holy Grail Formula for reference).

Intro:
I'm a clinician/scientist who runs a telemedicine company, Maximus, that offers doctor-prescribed solutions for men's health & performance optimization. I have a particular interest in hormone health and hair given the profound psychological impact that it has, and have been working with my fellow medical school colleagues & advisors on a unique solution that I wanted to share and get your input on in order to improve with your crowdsourced feedback.

Latanoprost: The Most Promising Therapeutic for Regrowth
There's been a lot of discussion about the promise of a new class of compounds that doesn't require DHT suppression: protagandins like Bimatoprost (brand name Latisse, which successfully grows eyelashes) and Latanoprost. Unfortunately, the major barrier to bringing these to the mass market has been FDA approval and cost, as they are very expensive active pharmaceutical ingredients. They can be prescribed off-label, but to save on costs, the few publicly available solutions to date have been under-dosed compared to what has been shown to be effective in the research literature, and thus don't live up to the hype.

Research:
The research is very promising: a study found 0.1% Latanoprost increased hair density by 38 hair/cm after 24 weeks.1 A different study, evaluating finasteride (traditional treatment) under similar conditions, found only a 10 hair/cm increase in hair density after 24 weeks.2 That's a 3.8x greater increase in hair density from latanoprost, which much lower risk of side effects. We also know from double-blinded RCTs (in alopecia areata) that latanoprost promotes more regrowth versues Minoxidil alone and that "topical latanoprost added to therapeutic efficacy of topical… minoxidil," so provides a synergistic effect.3

Clinical Experience:
A physician we work with in Los Angeles, Dr. Rand McClain, has been using Latanoprost in his high-end private practice with great results, especially with Hollywood celebrities who want to maintain their hair. It's appealing for patients who want to avoid using 5AR inhibitors altogether, or want a more re-growth oriented solution if they're already on oral finasteride or dutasteride to slow androgenic alopecia. Dr. McClain charges $800 for an initial consult in person in LA, so we've collaborated together to develop a formula that's available online through our telemedicine clinic.

Cost & Ingredients:
It's not cheap at $149-$199/month, but it has the clinically-effective strengths of latanoprost being used in clinical trials, so is worth the cost if you want what celebrities are using and cost isn't an issue for you (or if it saves you a hair transplant down the line, that's pretty good ROI). Here are the ingredients in a non-greasy topical gel/cream that's applied 1mL a day, along with microneedling once a week (it comes with a unique flat titanium dermastamp as well to enhance growth factors):

Latanoprost 0.03-0.1% (Rx)
Minoxidil - 8% (Rx)
Tretinoin - 0.01% (Rx)
Melatonin - 0.0033%
Azelaic Acid - 5%
Zinc-Thymulin - 0.001%
Vitamin B6 (P5P) - 0.25%
Sandalore - 0.1%
Methyl Vanillate - 0.2%

Feedback Welcome:
Appreciate any feedback on the formula from the HairLossTalk community, as we can adjust this over time. We may be able to eventually get the cost down (a little bit) over time by just sticking to the 3 Rx ingredients above with a 3-month commitment.

Requests for Future Treatments:
Finally, let me know if there's anything that you'd like to see offered (must be FDA-approved medications that can be legally prescribed). For example, we're looking offering into a combined sublingual minoxidil/oral dutasteride option for those who don't mind systemic treatment and want DHT blockage. If people have preferred dosages they want to see with that oral treatment, let me know and I can pass that feedback along to our clinical team as well.

Buy Here:
https://bit.ly/3VdJg92

References:
maximustribe.com/warrior/#reference

Last edited:

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is our feedback.
"Used by Hollywood celebrities" might be catchy for the random individual but not on this forum. Because people are sceptical, and they are right to be apparently. Hollywood celebrities do not apply snake oil mixed to pee pee on their scalp everyday to keep their hair, they go Full transplant, because they can.
By they way are you really comparing a solution that costs 200€/month to a FUE in terms of ROI ? Are you that dumb ? You can't use that argument because it's obvious FUE has a better ROI since it is a definitive solution and yours has to be used for life. You need to rely on the fact that your treatment is less invasive, omg fire your marketing guy please.

Another by the way: melatonine and tretinoine have been proved to work for certain people, just like latanoprost. There is an ADN test that tells you what product would work considering your genes developped by Fagron laboratory and giving the exact proportion of each ingredient you have to mix. It's personnalized. Meanwhile you re trying to sell a solution mixnig ingredients that do not work for everyone in the same proportion for everyone.