new here

jennie_baby_b

Reaction score
ok im new here. Im 17 going to be 18 in a few days. About two years ago I noticed pacthy hair loss on the sides of my head. Its gotten pretty bad now. I still have enough hair where i can i hide most of the bare spots. what really irks me is MY doctor says theres nothing wrong. and that its just normal in teens!!! He precended to tell my mother if it was alopicia there waas nothing they could do! Im glad i found this fourm. I mean its embarassing when all the school kids call ya baldie and other rude names. its :oops: embarsing

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Hi Jennie -

First off please read through the Guide to Women's hair loss. Read it until you've followed all the links. There's a lot you need to read up on to understand how to deal with this. Unfortunately your post continues to confirm that we can't rely on our doctors to actually care for our health. We have to educate ourselves and take matters into our own hands.

Before I give any advice, its strongly recommended that you read through the Guide first, and come back and let us know if it has *not* addressed your problem. There are a series of blood tests your doctor should have done. There are a series of causes from medications to a myriad of other potential causes. Read through the guide and let us know.

HairLossTalk.com

jennie_baby_b

Reaction score
ive had all but one of those blood tests. I also have had my thyroid checked and contuine to have it checked on a two week baisis. ive gone to three doctors about this and am awalys getting told its in my head. i was on Ritalin for 9 years. My hair was thinning while i was on it and when i got off it. My doctor told me to use dsh zinc shampoo instead of my white rain. my hair is thining mostly on the sides and the front near my bangs. my insurance is not the greatest so we have to cover most of the bills ourself. we have a history of diabetes in our family. I did see a dermatoligist but he said it was normal. i was daiganosed a month or so ago with IBS. I did read your Guide to Women's hair loss. it was worth reading.