New Here With Some Simple Questions Before Taking The Plunge

Yagami

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you both,

I've never had scalp problems, and god knows how much chemicals I've put there. I don't sweat a lot too. I'll pass for the moment, at least if I go back to it the future I'll know what the difference it made.

NW9000

Established Member
Reaction score
Random details from me, a wearer:

- My first system I bought from Hair Direct. The experience and system were awful so I returned it.
- I order and get cut in at a salon in my city. Yes it's pricey but whatever.
- I clean and reattach and all that myself - I don't do 'services' with the salon.
- My system is lace with a poly perimeter on the sides and back.
- I do an all tape attachment with a comb-forward/concealed hairline style. Honestly I just don't believe system hairlines can ever truly be undetectable.
- Products: Red Liner tape for poly perimeter (forgot the name), Walker Ultra Hold tape over the red liner, Walker No Shine straight tape & pre-cuts for hairline, Walker Extenda Bond minis for hairline sometimes, Walker solvent oil (red label) for removal, and walker alcohol solvent for quick removals when I mess up (only a couple times)
- Personally I think hair systems are a "best, last" resort. They're "best" because bam you've got hair like nothing else. But they're "last" because truly there's nothing more drastic - not even a hormone pill or a surgery - than having an external object glued to your body for days on end. Exhaust all options in your mind before you go this route.

Yagami

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you NW9000. I've been at a local salon today for a 1h consultation and I'll be attaching in the next days when I receive my system.
Personally I've exhausted all the possibilities (pills, surgery, concealer, topical solution, scalp coloration...), I wish I've found about hair replacement before, it would have saved me a lot of money, gray hairs & black stains under my nails and on pillowcases (imagine the hassles when you have to spend the night at friends or family place!)
I don't mind spending 2h or more each week maintaining my system. I'll finally be able to swim again and wet my head in front of people lol. I thought it was something that I won't be able to do again, ever.
I've always had a dry medium curly hair, and I remember when I was a teenager, even before I started shedding, looking at those with their beautiful silky long hair and thinking to myself "I would pay a fortune to have that hair". And guess what, it's finally possible.
This week,
if everything goes well, I'll be able to run my hand through my new hair for the first time since a long long while. Yipikaye

ancucdi

My Regimen
Reaction score
to read all of yal post make me and all others more confident , im in the first stage of getting one, i read yagami post saying he wish he could find out this sooner, same to me, i wish i have found this years ago and i were not denied to be dated by at least 6 girls, i met them either online or somewhere with the hat, but when they found out that i m bald, they did not contact me no more despite how much humor im, or how nice i am....

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's
to read all of yal post make me and all others more confident , im in the first stage of getting one, i read yagami post saying he wish he could find out this sooner, same to me, i wish i have found this years ago and i were not denied to be dated by at least 6 girls, i met them either online or somewhere with the hat, but when they found out that i m bald, they did not contact me no more despite how much humor im, or how nice i am....
Honestly it's not a bad solution at all .you need to be aware of its limitations to be able to enjoy it without worrying .like anything worth doing in life it takes a little getting used to, and work.