New Here. Whats My Norwood And What Would You Suggest Doing?

frankiecubrick

My Regimen
Reaction score
Y6Tmt
guys just wanted to get a quick confirmation. I will try to get finasteride tomorrow fron derm, minoxidil is already ordered. Btw iam 19
Y6Tmt

https://m.imgur.com/a/GqAJM

Last edited:

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
your link still does not redirect me to a valid imgur pic, check your link and fix it you probably didnt copy it correctly

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could be me but i think your vertex is kinda thin, if you really wanna see where you are at you can buzz your head, it will show you the clear picture of your situation, plus if you were to take action it could help you with minoxidil application

Your hair looks ok right now but if you noticed thinning and wanna maintain a good amount of hair you can always get on a low dose finasteride like 0.25mg or something

frankiecubrick

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could be me but i think your vertex is kinda thin, if you really wanna see where you are at you can buzz your head, it will show you the clear picture of your situation, plus if you were to take action it could help you with minoxidil application

Your hair looks ok right now but if you noticed thinning and wanna maintain a good amount of hair you can always get on a low dose finasteride like 0.25mg or something
This is exactly my plan. I will start low on finasteride and apply minoxidil, especially to the crown area, its good since I've heard this is were it is most effective. I am also planning on buzzing my hair but it looks really shitty when wet so i am a bit afraid. What do you reckon could I maintain it till my late 20s or 30s??

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is exactly my plan. I will start low on finasteride and apply minoxidil, especially to the crown area, its good since I've heard this is were it is most effective. I am also planning on buzzing my hair but it looks really shitty when wet so i am a bit afraid. What do you reckon could I maintain it till my late 20s or 30s??

Whats your family balding history?

frankiecubrick

My Regimen
Reaction score
Whats your family balding history?
Father kept decent hair into his 40s,50s lost it due to a lot of stress. His brothers are all bald, I think they went in their mid to late 20s, grandpa had decent hair until 40s but started thinning. Mother side: One brother is almost bald but he is in his 50s, other brothers are thinning but no baldies, grandpas hair went in his 40s but he was a chain smoker aswell and had multiple heart attacks. I am pretty sure I will be bald eventually but I dont mind it then, just not now

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Father kept decent hair into his 40s,50s lost it due to a lot of stress. His brothers are all bald, I think they went in their mid to late 20s, grandpa had decent hair until 40s but started thinning. Mother side: One brother is almost bald but he is in his 50s, other brothers are thinning but no baldies, grandpas hair went in his 40s but he was a chain smoker aswell and had multiple heart attacks. I am pretty sure I will be bald eventually but I dont mind it then, just not now

Then you only have 1 course of action get on finasteride, new treatments will be here before your hair even starts thinning! ;)

frankiecubrick

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then you only have 1 course of action get on finasteride, new treatments will be here before your hair even starts thinning! ;)
Thanks mate thats what I needed. This hair loss thing has been stressing me out tremendously and it feels so good to know that I can take matters into my own hands.
I seriously thank you for helping me out and giving some awesome tips buddy!!

TONSofBODYHAIR

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks mate thats what I needed. This hair loss thing has been stressing me out tremendously and it feels so good to know that I can take matters into my own hands.
I seriously thank you for helping me out and giving some awesome tips buddy!!

be aware that finasteride is by no means harmless so if you experience side effects hop off the drug immediately

Renlie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just want to maintain it that way since i noticed shedding and have that weird itch going atm. You know if nizoral can help?
Nizoral once or twice a week could help, specially if you have dandruff. That wold mean you got Pityrosporum ovale which is sometimes related to hairloss...

You can just give it a try. Special you say your head is itchy. I'm gonna try it too. I've lost density at my crown.

Have a good day.