new here guys.. not sure what route to take

alfredo9886

Reaction score
ok guys, im realtivey new to this whole balding thing.. i started to thin about 6 months ago and went from a full set of hair to this.. ive always had realtively thin hair, but nothing like this.. here are some pictures.. what do you guys think?

ps.. my dad has a full set of hair and my mom has a ful set of hair... not sure if that matters..
Top.jpg

frontal.jpg

about seven months ago( bottom photo)
IMG335.jpg

Attachments

• Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 145

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
hairline looks great

maybe possible thinning in the vertex

it's best to look at ur full genetics

father, mother's father, dad's father, and uncles on both sides

i'm no doctor, but if your concerned.....

a pill is much easier than a topical treatment
and finasteride is shown to work best on the vertex

im not saying to take finasteride

but if you have a family genetic history and are concerned about hair loss.......

look and research into options to prevent that............

thats all i can say

alfredo9886

Reaction score
BodyDysmorphic said:
hairline looks great

maybe possible thinning in the vertex

it's best to look at ur full genetics

father, mother's father, dad's father, and uncles on both sides

i'm no doctor, but if your concerned.....

a pill is much easier than a topical treatment
and finasteride is shown to work best on the vertex

im not saying to take finasteride

but if you have a family genetic history and are concerned about hair loss.......

look and research into options to prevent that............

thats all i can say
thanks for the response ! from my research id definitely say that im a diffuse thinner.. my hairline really hasnt moved ( as of yet) the only real balding/thinning i have noticed is ontop and a little on the back.. what treatent would you guys recommend? propec and rogaine... or is that to aggressive? thanks again

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
i mean based on pictures......it's really hard to say.....

in your pictures you have a great hairline!!! and thick hair

as far as hair is concerned

with possible "isolated" thinning in the vertex...based on pictures and possible lighting making it look worse

isolated in the "very back top of head"

personally i cant recommend anything until i hear about all your family genetic history concerning hair loss

you have a great head of hair bro.......dont sweat sooo much

Rawtashk

Reaction score
If it's not aggressive just yet, then I'd probably suggest finasteride at .25mg a day. Just get the 1mg pills and quarter them with a pill cutter. I was worse off than you on the crown when I started at .5mg, and I got really good regrowth.

actunga

Reaction score
haha

What's with the third shot!?? Looks like a photo for the ladeez...."Oh yeah baby. Look how sexy I am for you".

alfredo9886

Reaction score
Ok guys , a couple of questions ... Where can I get finasteride? Do I have to go to a dermo? And also I started using rogaine about a week ago.. Do you guys believe the rogaine should be sufficient ...or should I use both in simultaneously... Thanks guys

dinosaur_sr

Established Member
Reaction score
Honestly mate, I'd see a dermatologist or a knowledgeable doctor just to make sure you're actually balding. I know guys who aren't losing who have similar crowns, maybe slightly better. That isn't saying you aren't, but you don't want to jump onto meds if you don't need to, and you've got time on your side as your hair still looks great atm.

alfredo9886

Reaction score
ok guys,, went to a dermo... told me to get on propecia.. ive now been taking it for 4 days ( 1.25mg). ive been on roagine for about two weeks and nizoral for about 1 week. ive noticed a significant increase in thinning in my vertex area .. i know that rogine is supposed to cause sheding.. but i was under the impression that it would happen a month or so into the treatment... heres a pic i snapped toay.. what o you guys thinkk.. thanks in adavnce

Attachments

• two weeks after.jpg
    two weeks after.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 163

Finnjävel

Established Member
Reaction score
That's definitely male pattern baldness. Stay on the meds, don't custom dose or any other bs. It can take a minimum of six months to see some results.

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
what did the dermatologist say exactly?

- did they confirm that there were miniaturised hairs?

- did they say whether your hair loss was aggressive or 'slow burn'?

- how many hairs are you shedding roughly that you notice?

Just strange that you have no recession at all. It doesn't even look too bad at the crown to me.

alfredo9886

Reaction score
He didnt really do any miniaturization test.. He just pretty much looked at my head and said get on rogaine and I'll prescribe some propecia... Lol. The odd thing is that my hair has thinned on the sides as well and on my back... No bald spots per say .. Just really thin hair ... I have been under what i would say the most stresful episode of my life these past couple months..i know a lot of people are in denial and try to blame it on stress or their diet , and I for the most part am going with the worst case scenario ( thus why I've started on the big 3) ... But just to say .. If this is not male pattern baldness.. And is due to stress .. Wouldnt my hair literally be falling out? My hair , in reality, has not been falling out( from what I can see) its just gotten realllllly thin....

Is it to soon to be seeing the shedding effects of rogaine on Propecia? Thanks in advance

seneca

Reaction score
Stay on the meds dude. It looks like it's male pattern baldness to me and any further shedding or hairloss you have had over the last two weeks is down to them. Keep it up for the next 6 months. If it is worse than where it is now consult a dermatologist again.

In the mean time, if you are concerned about how the thinning looks you can get thickening shampoos in any pharmacist or store. L'Oreal do one specifically for men thinning.

alfredo9886

Reaction score
hey guys.. 26th day on minoxidil and 15th day on proscar.. i know its waaaay to early to see any results but my hair definitely feels thicker and fuller.. im going to keep checking in every couple weeks to give an update.. hers a pic at current progress.

Attachments

• mail.google.com.jpeg
    mail.google.com.jpeg
    6.4 KB · Views: 462

alfredo9886

Reaction score
SO far Very good results ,Imho

Hey guys , checking in about 6 month later. I was looking at my first couple of pics i posted and compared them to today.. and wow.. i didnt realize how much this stuff really works. i've discontinued my use of the Shampoo.. and switched from the Foam minoxidil to the Liquid.. the foam seemed to only get onto my hair and not my scalp.. the applicator and liquid seem to work well for me. im really curious to see once i reach the 1year mark...i will be sure to keep you guys posted.

Attachments

• 20120624_190325.jpg
    20120624_190325.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 151