New here, eager to start microneeding

N1TR4M

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I have had 2 sessions of microneedling from a professional and would like to continue the treatment by doing it myself at home.

I will be looking at the forum for info.

In the meantime, I would like to ask a few questions, because I want to order a pen today.

1. What device would you recommend? I see Derminator and Dr. Pen being the most common. I'm leaning towards Dr. Pen, but not sure on the model. There's the A6, A7, and the newest M8.

2. The A6 has 12 needles and 36 needles. Are we to use 12 needles or 36? The M8 has 16 needles instead of 12.

3. What is the speed we should be using? I think the range on these devices is between 5,000 and 15,000 (rpms?)

4. The procedure. I found that the Chinese Study they would pass multiple times. I'm thinking of going once vertical, and once horizontal. Could do a 4 pass too.

5. Depth. Seems like 1.5 is common. I have found info of 1mm being good enough. What's your opinion?

Thanks for taking the time to read. I will be on the forums now, hopefully I can find the answers to some of these questions.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I have had 2 sessions of microneedling from a professional and would like to continue the treatment by doing it myself at home.

I will be looking at the forum for info.

In the meantime, I would like to ask a few questions, because I want to order a pen today.

1. What device would you recommend? I see Derminator and Dr. Pen being the most common. I'm leaning towards Dr. Pen, but not sure on the model. There's the A6, A7, and the newest M8.

2. The A6 has 12 needles and 36 needles. Are we to use 12 needles or 36? The M8 has 16 needles instead of 12.

3. What is the speed we should be using? I think the range on these devices is between 5,000 and 15,000 (rpms?)

4. The procedure. I found that the Chinese Study they would pass multiple times. I'm thinking of going once vertical, and once horizontal. Could do a 4 pass too.

5. Depth. Seems like 1.5 is common. I have found info of 1mm being good enough. What's your opinion?

Thanks for taking the time to read. I will be on the forums now, hopefully I can find the answers to some of these questions.
I can go more in depth but the best device is the one that you will use steadily, say one to five times per month. It might be a roller or a pen or you might try both. Pretty much any mm gauge will do your hair and skin good so just get started after watching a video on youtube or something. I had micro-needling done on my face in a salon and that is slightly different from hair so you have to sort of get a feel for the different methods.

N1TR4M

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can go more in depth but the best device is the one that you will use steadily, say one to five times per month. It might be a roller or a pen or you might try both. Pretty much any mm gauge will do your hair and skin good so just get started after watching a video on youtube or something. I had micro-needling done on my face in a salon and that is slightly different from hair so you have to sort of get a feel for the different methods.
Thanks for the reply.

I actually ordered and Ultima M8 a couple hours ago.