New here and looking for advice/recommendations please

BaldingMan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here and hope you wonderful lot can shed some advice and recommendations if possible.

I started noticing my hair loss about a year ago reseading hair line and thin on the crown. I would rub the product I use in my hair and my hand was covered in hair. It's now getting to the point where I am very conscious about it and some days very depressed about losing my hair. Ever since I was young I'm 35 now, short hair has never suited me I just don't have the right shaped head. Some blokes look great with a buzz cut or bald but I just don't.

Ive been doing lots of reading and research and have been thinking about going to Vinci on Harley street for a FUT hair transplant I've been for a free consultation and they have quoted me £4000 for the procedure. To me this sounds quite reasonable and if it stops me feeling the way I do then I think it's worth it. Now since then I've done even more reading and research and people are Turkey is better bang for your buck etc etc and mentioning surgeons which have had good results in other counties eg Dr Rae (hope I've spelt that correct) I'm worried about going abroad, at least if it goes wrong I could be hassling them on there door step. My hair dresser has also told me about 2 clients he has who's hair transplant have been completely botched and they were done abroad. It's something I'm worried about

my my goal is to not be bald, that I could not cope with. I'm hoping that people will chime in here with reccommdations, help, advice or any past experience. Point me in some sort of direction what to do.

Thank you for reading

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shop around, don't just go for surgeons in your own country, consider surgeon style - aggressive low hairlines or conservative hairlines, future balding prospects, whether the surgeon does the graft extractions or techs, the results of other patients, ask about graft survival rates, FUT vs FUE. Lots of factors to consider.

BaldingMan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have looked around but always thought UK would be best. I thought maybe other countries would not be as reliable but obviously I'm wrong. If things don't go to plan I haven't got to fight with someone who's thousands of miles away or has a language barrier. It's a hard choice to make. That's why I'm here hoping people can steer me in the right direction

Ben35Worthing

Reaction score
Hi BaldingMan...... It sounds like we had/have the same rescission of crown and temples.. Have a look at my thread on the hair transplant forums (Below your thread) I went to DHI Global...

Any advice please do ask.

BaldingMan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Result looks great. Expensive for the amount of graphs used but a great job. I've kind of budgeted £4000-£5000 for a hair transplant. I just want a good result that looks natural. My Father has quite a bit of hair and I think I've followed in his hair pattern. My thin crown and reseeding hair line bother me and if I can fix this I'll be over the moon. I've kind of thought for the price of pills and potions I could just have the hair transplant done and all would be OK and I don't have to worry about taking tablets rubbing stuff in my hair everyday forever

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're going to be taking pills anyway, I promise you that. Anyone who can take finasteride without side effects should do so, especially if they want a hair transplant. It would be stupid not to. There are plenty of good options in continental Europe worth considering with better prices than the UK and arguably better results. You shouldn't choose your surgeon based on geographic convenience.

BaldingMan

My Regimen
Reaction score
image 1.jpgimage 2.jpgimage 3.jpgimage 4.jpgimage 5.jpg

How many grafts do people think i would need

- - - Updated - - -

image 1.jpgimage 2.jpgimage 3.jpgimage 4.jpgimage 5.jpg

How many grafts do people think i would need

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The photos are very small, but it looks like your crown needs 2500, plus whatever you need for the hairline. Probably 2000 there so a minimum of 4500.

BaldingMan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok I've had my quotes back from 4 different companies/surgeons, here they are.

Vinci in the UK which were my first thought before I really start to research it quoted me £4000 for the FUT procedure. They never mentioned how many grafts that would be just that it would sort my hair line and my crown.

DHI UK quoted 5000 hairs at a cost of £2 per hair so £10,000 all in

Dr De Reys quoted me 1500 grafts/£3500 for the hair line and temples and said there is not significant hair loss on the crown to warrant a hair transplant to that part as of yet. The price sounds good but would like to have my crown done also as I find it thin.

Dr Feriduni quoted me 3000 follicle units at £15000 for hair line and crown all in.

now I'm even more confused on what to do. The quotes and grafts range in such a massive way it's got me thinking even more. I can't afford £10-15 grand on a transplant £4000-£5000 is more my region, but I did want to get both my hair line and crown fixed and was hopefully thinking this will be my only hair transplant.

Anyone want to share their opinions and advice I'm all ears

irishdub

Established Member
Reaction score
So basically DHI is charging £4.50 per graft. Reys £2.33 per graft and Feriduini £5 per graft.
You've got to decide if you are going to go down the FUE or FUT route. All three above are FUE to my knowledge.

Vinci is FUT but the cost does not stipulate amount of hairs or grafts in your post. I personally would only trust two surgeons in the UK/Ireland to perform FUT on me. Farjo and Collins.

If you to decide FUE, you've got Dr Reddy in the UK. He will be quite more expensive than Rey and still more expensive than Feriduini.
I think travelling to europe for FUE is a no brainer unless you can afford Reddy or Farjo. Farjo also does FUT.

Decide what you want done, perhaps prioritise one area, hairline this year crown next year. If doing both at once, your budget suits somewhere like Turkey. I would go with one of the recommend Turkish doctors on another hairsite if ultimately you decide you want both hairline and crown done at once.

BaldingMan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the advice irishdub I'm defo going for a FUE transplant. My thought at the moment is De Reys and just get the hair line done

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair transplants don't prevent your hair loss from progressing. You need to try to stop the progression if possible (that would mean Finasteride probably, as a good first step). There simply isn't enough donor hair to just replace everything with hair transplants, for most guys not even close. If you don't stop the progression and get a transplant, eventually you'll end up with much less hair than you have now. You can spend a fortune exhausting your supply of donor hair, and in the end there still won't be nearly enough hair on top.

Stop the progression of hair loss BEFORE scheduling surgery. Surgery can actually accelerate your hair loss, especially in the hair follicles that are "at risk".

itsJustMe

Reaction score
I've heard a lot of people go to Turkey to get hair transplant. I saw one guy get good results in mexico. I personally wouldnt go outside the US but thats more of my own paranoia