New Hair Piece Technology On The Horizon?

Benne9

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairlosstalk has some pretty knowledgeable members such as Noah who I’m sure are up to date with hair piece technology.

Is there any new tech or updates coming out regarding hair pieces or are we forever stuck using glue, cheap tape and bumpy lace?

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt there is. I mean, I can't see what that would be. Todays' hair systems aren't really that different from those 20 years ago. The difference is that there's a better general knowledge on how to make it look more natural.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
UTS is getting thinner, and adhesives and care products are coming out all the time.

Synthetic hair is becoming so realistic, that in some cases it looks and behaves like real hair, but does not require the processing needed to achieve color, like real hair, it also is not prone to color fading like real, human hair.

Direct to customer is becoming more popular, forcing "companies" to lower prices (profit margins) to compete.

The biggest thing I see is regular salons starting to do hair systems in conjunction with suppliers. The suppliers doe the education and supply the hair systems, and the salons are able to provide the most up to date styles. No more spikes!

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
UTS is getting thinner, and adhesives and care products are coming out all the time.

Synthetic hair is becoming so realistic, that in some cases it looks and behaves like real hair, but does not require the processing needed to achieve color, like real hair, it also is not prone to color fading like real, human hair.

Direct to customer is becoming more popular, forcing "companies" to lower prices (profit margins) to compete.

The biggest thing I see is regular salons starting to do hair systems in conjunction with suppliers. The suppliers doe the education and supply the hair systems, and the salons are able to provide the most up to date styles. No more spikes!
Yes, there are new things coming out all the time but none of it is revolutionary. The same issues people find off-putting remains. If the base is 0.03mm or 0.01mm won't make much of a difference since there's a layer of tape/glue beneath that still makes it possible to feel the difference. You're able to find the strongest glue right now as well but it comes with a tradeoff, it's a pain in the *** to clean up. If cleaning is too much of a mess you can go with weaker glues and tapes, but that too comes with a tradeoff, your attachments won't last long.

What would really make a difference is attaching fake hair that's unaffected for months, you just do maintenance every 3 months or so. But that's physically impossible.

Just look at this, it's amazing what they can do today.

Btw does somebody know, what they do in the video, is that expensive? (I don't know anything about it)
Yes, it looks amazing. The hard part is keeping it that way 24/7.

They do nothing out of the ordinary. Just tape and a good cut-in.

Benne9

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly, this stuff is the same it was years ago. I was wondering if they’re gonna implant prosthetic hair maybe or anything that isn’t as disgusting as lathering glue on your head and pushing a wig down. What’s the purpose when you can CLEARLY feel it if u run your hands on the scalp especially the front which is ridiculous.

Benne9

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Btw does somebody know, what they do in the video, is that expensive? (I don't know anything about it)

I just saw the video and yep it’s good. Tape is definitely better than glue and if u can have the change schedules every 10 days on a salon with the best tape and cutting then it’s the best scenario today. Still, it’s a wig that others can feel. If I was nw7 I’d jump the gun for sure but I’m in this nw4-5 buzz only bs middle situation. It sucks.

Benne9

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can they really feel it though? When I look at the results from the video, it looks very good.

Oh yes haha you can. His is done good although the hairline in front is obvious (usually it’s best to thin it out a bit but takes time). The moment you run your fingers on the sides or front you’re gonna feel the hair not being so free as the real hair. They are slightly stiffer. And your fingers will also bump into the base no matter how thin it is, especially in front there is no way to avoid it. It’s pointless trust me I’ve worn one before it became so mainstream. The worst part is it fucks up with your senses kinda. Like when you’re out with it it’s gonna make u alert 24/7 even tho u won’t feel it all the time but it’s gonna mess with u. Remember, you’re hiding it. It’s as if I’m gay in the 90s. Taboo.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hydecke, in Hamburg? It's a basic
Damn, sounds bad.

Anyone else who has experience with these?

So you're not a fan of hair systems I presume? What do you do now for hairloss?

My experience has been great. I love it. No one knows that I am wearing unless they knew me before, or I tell them. I work with a reputable supplier and pay for high quality. I don't need to "thin" the hairline, because it's a custom system with a graduated hairline. They are designed so they match my own hair, which has various densities of grey, so the color density matches, as well as the hair density.

Benne9

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hydecke, in Hamburg? It's a basic

My experience has been great. I love it. No one knows that I am wearing unless they knew me before, or I tell them. I work with a reputable supplier and pay for high quality. I don't need to "thin" the hairline, because it's a custom system with a graduated hairline. They are designed so they match my own hair, which has various densities of grey, so the color density matches, as well as the hair density.

You gotta be kidding me bud. Your old image of having shaved sides and throwing that ponytail in front was ridiculous. And I don’t wanna be hostile but facts are facts. You can’t go out in the street like that, maybe in your village but not in any city. It’s a fact that you can’t stop someone from feeling the edges of the piece. Glue fucks up everyone knows that. Tape can be even worse, depends on skin type, whether you have hair underneath and so on. Dislike all you want and I wish you to live a happy healthy life in your bubble but if we are gonna talk real let’s talk real. No bs. I mean you wear a wig for what? 2 years? 3 tops. You ain’t rdy yet.

And FYI the graduated hairline doesn’t mean it’s “better”. Any salon can thin the hairline and shuffle it a bit so that it looks more natural. Up close you stand no chance, I’ve dealt with this for f*** sake... you’re 65 and single. I was 19 and drowning in pussy. Don’t confuse.

Benne9

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, sounds bad.

Buzz and keep my head high. It helps to bite your teeth as hard as possible to hide the sheer pain of being the only half bald guy in the club.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, What a nasty, bitter a**h**!
You gotta be kidding me bud. Your old image of having shaved sides and throwing that ponytail in front was ridiculous. And I don’t wanna be hostile but facts are facts. You can’t go out in the street like that, maybe in your village but not in any city. It’s a fact that you can’t stop someone from feeling the edges of the piece. Glue fucks up everyone knows that. Tape can be even worse, depends on skin type, whether you have hair underneath and so on. Dislike all you want and I wish you to live a happy healthy life in your bubble but if we are gonna talk real let’s talk real. No bs. I mean you wear a wig for what? 2 years? 3 tops. You ain’t rdy yet.

And FYI the graduated hairline doesn’t mean it’s “better”. Any salon can thin the hairline and shuffle it a bit so that it looks more natural. Up close you stand no chance, I’ve dealt with this for f*** sake... you’re 65 and single. I was 19 and drowning in pussy. Don’t confuse.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh yes haha you can. His is done good although the hairline in front is obvious (usually it’s best to thin it out a bit but takes time). The moment you run your fingers on the sides or front you’re gonna feel the hair not being so free as the real hair. They are slightly stiffer. And your fingers will also bump into the base no matter how thin it is, especially in front there is no way to avoid it. It’s pointless trust me I’ve worn one before it became so mainstream. The worst part is it fucks up with your senses kinda. Like when you’re out with it it’s gonna make u alert 24/7 even tho u won’t feel it all the time but it’s gonna mess with u. Remember, you’re hiding it. It’s as if I’m gay in the 90s. Taboo.

Some truth in that.

My hair system feels fake if only secured by tape, you can feel the thin skin base like it’s a plastic crinkly wrap on my head if lightly rubbed.
However less so when it was completely glued down with a full head bond glue. But still felt a bit odd to touching the base.

I guess full Swiss lace glued down would feel more real. Never had a full lace base.

The front is lace(thin skin with lace front) on mine though and you can’t feel it almost at all.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

The first half is kinda honest truth.
A hair system on a completely shaved head does look FAKE. It needs the side/back hair growth to blend in with the hair system.
Had mine buzzed on the very first system and the join was noticeable and it looked FAKE.

Glue and tape can f*** up, it’s a learning curve to find the correct adhesive or tape for your skin type and one that lasts long.
And a hair system will lift at the edges too when the adhesive/tape gives up,but never flies straight off your head.
Side/back hair is essential to minimise that looking straight away FAKE.

Mine has the fringe to hide any hairline lifts(and my style too), and my side/back bio hair to blend in with the hair system.

However the 2nd half of what you wrote is just rude.

mr.statham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

NW4 is ugly af.

I'd like to see a Tinder experiment with this guy shaved vs SMP vs wig.

n1zza77

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus Christ,
What's with all the hate dude haha. I thought his hair looked perfectly fine, its a style and maybe it doesn't match your cookie cutter life you've lived thru but it looked fairly natural, especially where I live, Big City, east coast.

Yeah mate, god forbid anyone takes you out of your safe space. I’m not trying to make you feel bad but you run your mouth over stuff you know you’re wrong about.

You have some serious insecurity issues, no man needs to tell another one about how much pussy they get to prove a point. It looks like you never really learned how to take care of a system, and therefore it probably looked obvious and overall, sh*t. I've had barbers who've had zero clue my hair wasn't natural, i've been mm's from faces, and if anyone mentions anything, they're usually compliments, and it's all because of learning how to take care of a system. It's been over a year and I'm still learning something new, and changing my technique week over week.

Damn, sounds bad.

Yes, you do feel the edge of the system, my case, lace. I've had girls run their hands through my hair (accidentally), and they didn't notice but I never let anyone touch my hair, even before the system.

Using C22 Solvent, the glue comes off really easy. Cotton balls, C22, and roll off the glue, same thing for the tape on the sides. If you take your time, you'll be fine.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well said @n1zza77. @Benne9 clearly has insecurity issues and it's a real shame for him that he has openly posted in this way on a public forum. I can only surmise that he is young and hence immature, and will therefore come to regret his actions when he grows and matures.

As for the rest of us.... well, we're here for a reason and usually that reason is not because we want to be here but rather that we have been led to this place due to circumstances. But what matters is that we are here for the same reason, and that should bind us together and not tear us apart. This forum is a wonderful place to share experiences, problems, solutions. So yes let's call each other out when we see an awful hair system and let's be constructive about it, but there's no need for people like that guy to bully and denigrate - because quite simply he is looking for a reason to hide his own ineptitude and insecurity. I pity him.

mr.statham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
He is ugly as f*** though,lol.
Whether shaved or hair system his face is horrible.

He's VGL (with hair). Isn't he some kind of instagram model?

His only facial flaw that I can see is that his upper lip is thin, but that's nothing compared to most people's flaws.

NYCHairGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Funny that the ones who savage other people's looks in the nastiest possible way are also the ones who wouldn't dare post a pic of their own face or hair.