New Elastibond tape - reviewed for hairline use

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I purchased this tape about a month ago at the only website I could find it, Advent Hair. I stumbled across this website and emailed the owner to see what this product was about because I wanted to try something new solely for hairline purposes so obviously I need something thin. I have used nearly every tape made out there for the hairline and the only ones I have liked so far are Walker Lace Front and Walker Lace Front Thin (aka 3mil).

I’ve also tried white and clear glues as well as Vapeon Silicone glue. None of them do I get any longer than 2 days out of. I have a very oily head and so it’s extremely tough for me.

When asked I believe his name is Jeff at Advent Hair he mentioned I should try this Elastibond as well as some other glues on there (one which was like $150 a tube- no thanks!).

I was told by Advent Hair that it’s only 5mil. I had a hard time believing that as the next closest besides 3mil is around 7-8mil so I reached out to True Tape directly to confirm. I explicitly said I talked to Advent Hair and was told it’s 5mil and wanted to verify. Their response: “Yes, it's thin. No more than 7 mils overall.” What an odd response I thought. That’s 2mil difference for one and for two how don’t they know the exact thickness?! Either way I decided I would give it a go.

I will tell you that this tape is by far the strongest tape I’ve ever used at my hairline. It’s very easy to work with and my oily scalp has no problem keeping it on. I let it go for about 5 days last week and still was a job getting it to come off my head. Once the alcohol finally broke the bond the lace hair system came away from the tape rather easily. Very little gummy residue was left. It also came off my scalp rather easily....

Here is the bad...

Last week I used it on a thicker hairline hairpiece and just absolutely loved this tape. This week I used it on a thinner hairline where you can see definite graduation and see through to the scalp. The problem is... the damn tape has an obvious yellow tint to it. My girlfriend actually noticed it before I did. I decided to keep it on for another 4 days cause I wanted to keep testing it. The bond was still just as good. I emailed True Tape and was told: “It does have a slight discoloration to it that might be a problem for some people. I wish it were clear but, sadly, it's not. I understand your concern.”

If they could fix the color then I am telling you it’s a game changer for me. Obviously everyone is so different. Also, I am not as picky as some people when it comes to their hairline. I wear a fully exposed hairline yet I’ve never had anyone look at it funny so I’ve come to the conclusion we are our biggest critic.

here is the link to the product for reference

https://www.adventhair.com/elastibond-contour-mini-tabs/

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, I’ll attach some pictures of the color when I use it again.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
TBH, I have been recommending to most of my clients to choose a hairstyle that at least partially conceals the hairline when they have bonding issues. at the hairline.