New Discovery For Hair Loss

oyo

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys who are greying look distinguished. GUys who are balding look like putzes. gimme the goddamn grey hair.

PhoenixFly

Reaction score
Now what I'm interested in, is how do they know where to put this stuff, do they just put it on our head and it grows hair where hair used to be, or do they have to guess, basically do they have to create their very own hair line, it would take an artist to get a hairline that wont look odd on us?

So does it gives us our natural hairline from when we were 15, or their very own hairline that we can choose?

metalheaddude

Reaction score
PhoenixFly said:
Now what I'm interested in, is how do they know where to put this stuff, do they just put it on our head and it grows hair where hair used to be, or do they have to guess, basically do they have to create their very own hair line, it would take an artist to get a hairline that wont look odd on us?

So does it gives us our natural hairline from when we were 15, or their very own hairline that we can choose?

Exactly. This is a very important point, how can they just apply to say the temples and expect the hair to grow on the right angle? Will it be the same texture? So many questions. its not like you can just slap it on the crown either because, the crown has a spiral shape to it which is very hard to replicate. Takes the worlds most talented surgeons to do this. I suspect they will grow the hair in some nuetral zone first, then use FUE and allow a talented surgeon to apply it as it was.

khali

Established Member
Reaction score
The transplant industry still makes billions of hair loss patient, so this drug will not make hair transplant obsolete. IMO, these drugs which will come out will grow limited hair for people who have just lost a little hair. Even intercytex said their treatment will not replace transplants until the third generation.

harold

Established Member
Reaction score
Khali its not a drug its a procedure.
I imagine it would replicate the crown pretty well - the whole point of this research/treatment is that regeneration of miniature organs (hair follicles) is possible and it can be induced and controlled. Even inhibited if thats what you want. This is a recreation of the same process that developed your spiralling crown shape in the first place. Thats the advantage as said by Cotsarelis over cloning - why bother messing about trying to build hair follicles from scratch and get them to grow properly in the scalp when there is already a regenerative process we can use to do it for us.
hh

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree with Harold. Also, to address the hairline and spiral vertex point...

Exactly. This is a very important point, how can they just apply to say the temples and expect the hair to grow on the right angle? Will it be the same texture? So many questions. its not like you can just slap it on the crown either because, the crown has a spiral shape to it which is very hard to replicate. Takes the worlds most talented surgeons to do this. I suspect they will grow the hair in some nuetral zone first, then use FUE and allow a talented surgeon to apply it as it was.

... a perfect hairline is definitely a rare site, and it almost does look kind of funny. It's like it is almost TOO perfect when you see one, and you can tell whether it is natural or a wig or something. I mean, my old boss was italian, and he has a perfect hairline, probably unchanged since his 20s, and he wears his hair spiked up, since that's how it grows naturally. You can tell it is just a damn awesome hairline, nothing more, nothing less. But my opinion is so what if it looks perfect after the dermabrasion procedure, as long as it isn't TOO low. If it comes out looking like a 20-yr-old hairline, I'd take it! 15 might be a bit much.=) But they can control that with the dermabrasion. The dermabrasion laser comes in a variety of diameters, and they can be as small is a pencil eraser, so they can probably make the hairline somewhat staggered, rather than a straight line.

And on the point of hte vertex, my vertex isn't centered on the crown, but rather it is on the side of my head, which is why I wear my part on the side, too. And my hairs doen't grow outward from it, they grow upward, and I have managed with it growing like that. So as long as we have a lot of thick hair, the direction isn't a huge issue, and we can use gel to style it and make it go where we want it to.

Good questions/points, though.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Vinton Harper said:
elguapo said:
This guy got hit in the head with a baseball as a kid, and ever since he has been able to remember the weather for every day of his life after that, and what date that day falls on. Incredible!
What a bummer of a super power though, huh?!
It's WeatherMan!
:mrgreen:

"While playing basket ball with his son, Thomas Wellington experienced slight head trauma that would alter his life forever!"