New Discovery Biotches

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
all you have do do is extract the thinning folicles from your thinning areas .. transplant them to the back of your head where the dht resistant hair is... the dht resistant hairs will then inturn send signals and minipulate the thinning non dht resistant hair folicle and it will transform into a dht resistant folicle itself. the hair around it is telling it to and it brings on their properties. then transplant those newly dht resistant folicles back into the front of your head and holy crap i just solved male pattern baldness!! wheres my nobel prize b****s?? anyone?!

HA i just waisted 12 seconds of your life!!!

ok sorry i'll never do that again .. ever ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!??

yea im hyper sorry

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a better idea. People with 0 male pattern baldness should become hosts. You transplant your bad follicles onto them for 4-5 years when you're young and then take them back later in life when you start losing badly.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Young dead people's (for whatever reason) entire scalps can be transplanted to yours. a.k.a silence of the lamb style :freaked2:

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
fallout boy said:
all you have do do is extract the thinning folicles from your thinning areas .. transplant them to the back of your head where the dht resistant hair is... the dht resistant hairs will then inturn send signals and minipulate the thinning non dht resistant hair folicle and it will transform into a dht resistant folicle itself. the hair around it is telling it to and it brings on their properties. then transplant those newly dht resistant folicles back into the front of your head and holy crap i just solved male pattern baldness!! wheres my nobel prize b****s?? anyone?!

HA i just waisted 12 seconds of your life!!!

ok sorry i'll never do that again .. ever ARE YOU HAPPY NOW!??

yea im hyper sorry

seriously is the above true especially the signalling part? I have read about it before but not much has been discussed about it

MidnightFlyer

Established Member
Reaction score
If they could just figure out how to transplant hair from someone elses head into our own scalp, that would be a great way for prisoners, who are in for life, or on death row, to make a little extra cash on the side. Selling their hair...And if could just harvest some of those felonious heads.

But would their folicular DNA make my own DNA morph, so that in time, I would become a gangster? I wonder...

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
"But would their folicular DNA make my own DNA morph, so that in time, I would become a gangster? I wonder..."

Heh heh. Anybody ever see that Simpsons Halloween episode "Hell Toupee"? It was about exactly that idea.

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
"But would their folicular DNA make my own DNA morph, so that in time, I would become a gangster? I wonder..."

Heh heh. Anybody ever see that Simpsons Halloween episode "Hell Toupee"? It was about exactly that idea.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't think this is such a bad idea. I actually thought of this, too, after reading the Dr. Gho slides on this site, which mention that sometimes when implanting just one hair follicle onto the balding scalp, up to 4 healthy hairs emerge. Seems to me that this is exactly what is happening- the healthy follicle unaffected by DHT is telling the others to start growing again.

My guess is that the cells that "migrate" through the sheath of the follicle are migrating from one follicle sheath to the next, contiguous follicle sheath. I think they are only seeing it in instances where the healthy follicle was transplanted right next to the dying hair, whereas in other cases it isn't as close, and the cells that signal growth cannot migrate from one follicle to the other, resulting in only one hair growing- the transplanted hair.

I don't understand why those doing research on HM are focussing on growing completely new hair, when it might be possible to culture hair cells, and implant them around follicles that will *eventually* die from DHT/male pattern baldness, but ARE NOT DEAD YET. The cultured cells will simply signal the original follicles to KEEP growing, rather than to start regrowing again.

Why aren't we trying to send this to Dr. Gho or other, in the event that they haven't thought of this yet?!?

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
elguapo said:
I don't think this is such a bad idea. I actually thought of this, too, after reading the Dr. Gho slides on this site, which mention that sometimes when implanting just one hair follicle onto the balding scalp, up to 4 healthy hairs emerge. Seems to me that this is exactly what is happening- the healthy follicle unaffected by DHT is telling the others to start growing again.

My guess is that the cells that "migrate" through the sheath of the follicle are migrating from one follicle sheath to the next, contiguous follicle sheath. I think they are only seeing it in instances where the healthy follicle was transplanted right next to the dying hair, whereas in other cases it isn't as close, and the cells that signal growth cannot migrate from one follicle to the other, resulting in only one hair growing- the transplanted hair.

I don't understand why those doing research on HM are focussing on growing completely new hair, when it might be possible to culture hair cells, and implant them around follicles that will *eventually* die from DHT/male pattern baldness, but ARE NOT DEAD YET. The cultured cells will simply signal the original follicles to KEEP growing, rather than to start regrowing again.

Why aren't we trying to send this to Dr. Gho or other, in the event that they haven't thought of this yet?!?

its the money of cos,......anyway those thinning guys who are extremely afraid of losing hair can go for a transplant now and save the rest of their hair?

sounds like the closest thing to a cure, damn why did anyone ever think of this before?

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
elguapo said:

Interesting theory, why dont they just take the cells from the DHT resistant areas and transplant them onto the DHT prone areas..and the hair will jumpstart growth?

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm saying, and I don't know why they aren't doing this. There are only two things I can think of:

1) It doesn't work like this- you can't just implant healthy follicle cells into DHT-infected scalp follicles and get regrowth, or if you can, not at a reliable rate.

2) It does work this way, but the people working on HM are so confident that it will be grow hair even on the baldest of scalps, that it is worth waiting and going for the gold, advancing the technology to regrow hair on bald scalps, rather than just keeping hair that would otherwise be lost to DHT.

Don't mean to be too optimistic, but I think it is for the second reason. Why market this technology now to people that *might* be losing their hair, when 3 years from now it can be marketed to all who suffer from alopecia?

But what do I know?

Good luck.