New company starting clinical trials on using fat tissue for hair growth

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
The best news about that is that they're not testing on fucking mice.

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the technology will be publicly available in 5 to 10 years. :D

*sigh*

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Hope like new hair technology has become 5 years away.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Yeah holding out for a cure may be getting as risky/costly an investment as enrolling oneself in a cryogenics program.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Only 5 to 10 years away. Too bad im not a vampire to be young enough to care anymore even if it did.

theRA

Established Member
Reaction score
This sounds similar to the Edge Cayces rubbing of crude oil on your scalp to thicken the fat layer.... anyone actually tried this?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Crude oil prices are shooting up just as we speak!

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN

Reaction score
I sent an email to see if I can get in on this. Not sure if they'll accept from out of country though as trials typically take locals I believe.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
No you are right. To sarcastically put down a price on anything that could bring peace of mind to millions is pointless and I'm glad you've underscored how people's lives (well being) deserve a far greater display of care than that.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score

I'm really excited about this one, it's by far the most promising new treatment available today.

Hellouser has already shared a couple of photos and they are impressive.

I read somewhere that Svenson clinics are already providing this treatment, is this correct?

- - - Updated - - -

Price would not be such a problem if it actually worked.

It works!

I believe Svenson clinics are charging 10,000€ for a single injection but I'm not sure about this.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm no expert but these results seem impressive to me:

The authors (Drs. Perez-Meza, Ziering, Sforza, Ball, Krishna and Daniels) performed a single scalp injection of Kerastem's regenerative cell enriched adipose tissue in 9 healthy hair loss patients, and a total of 6 patients were followed for a period of six months using global photography and macrophotography with the Handyscope and Trichoscale Pro Software used to quantify hair growth. The authors reported a 100% patient response rate to the Kerastem Therapy at 6-months and in patients with early stage hair loss, the percentage increase in hair count/density was a mean difference of 17% (p = 0.02). In males with early grade loss, an average 29% increase (p=0.057) in hair count/hair density with a mean difference of 40 hairs per square centimeter was observed.

Read more: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...shrs-annual-scientific-meeting-300140941.html

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
this probably gonna give us a chance to get our hairline back. But 10.000$ is a joke for just injecting some fat. Once it may become available in more locations it s probably gonna be pretty cheap

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone posted this on another forum

$14K in Japan

So they're doing a clinical trial in the US... but it is avail already in Japan... I contacted them and this is what they told me

Thank you for your reply.
Here are some information of our Kerastem Hair Therapy below.

-Surgery : about 4 hours, hospitalization no needed.
-Cost : 1,620,000JPN(include tax)
-About Kerastem : the website below is useful(English).
http://kerastem.com/

I give you the details of the schedule for Kerastem.

Day1:Consultation and blood test in our clinic.
Day2:Operation.
Day3:You can shampoo.
Day4: -
Day5:post consultation. You can take a shower from the day.
Day6: -
Day7: -
Day8: -
Day9:post consultation, remove stitches. You can take a bath from the day.

Generally, we recommend stay for 9 days, until removing stitches.
If you would undergo removing stitches in your country, you would be able to return 3 days after surgery.

If you would like to reservation, please feel free to ask us.
Thank you & Best regards,

now the website doesnt have much info on what the procedure is.. i asked them but havent heard back... does anyone have more info on this??? thanks

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
The male before/after is pretty underwhelming given the price. You can see results like that from a good finasteride/minoxidil responder. However, might be something for the higher norwoods to look forward to. I personally wouldn't pay 14K for that kind of result, not by a mile. I wouldn't even pay half of it. For 14K better damn well bring pretty close to a full head of hair.

However, this procedure seems to have potential. I think they could eke out better results or at least when the competition brings the price down so that the price/result ratio is much more favorable, it would be worth it to have it done I think.

Breyfogle

Established Member
Reaction score
I just had it done 10 days ago as part of the US trial.
Setting up a thread shortly to cover my experience.

There's a 1/4 chance I only got placebo, but I'm pretty sure I didn't.
Saline injected in the scalp wouldn't still be sore 10 days later.