New, ( but not new to wearing hair )

jkge142

My Regimen
Reaction score
Long time hair wearer here since, 2008. I have always wore a sfs lace unit with very light density ( 30 to 40 percent ). I always believed the adage that less was more when wearing hair. I always exposed my hairline when wearing. I wear a 10 x 10 custom lace unit. Question is with the shortage of lace units is it possible to find a unit I just described. I usually get my units from, Toplace but I placed a custom order with toplace on, 1-16-2020 and still no word on when I will be getting my unit. Just to let you know that I have always had good luck with Toplace.
Anybody know of another company that would make the unit I just described.
Thanks.
I thought I would move this to the hair replacement forum.

SD1984

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not that I know of unfortunately. I still cannot believe that one year later this industry is still basically in turmoil.

Last edited:

HairsonUnique

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting you have no news from that long ago from toplace.

I've actually really liked my custom units from toplace but he does have a habit of ignoring you.

jkge142

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have spoke to John and he said he doesn't know when production will resume again, but 14 months.

jkge142

My Regimen
Reaction score
Talked with John today and he is going to refund my money.
John has always been upfront with me and he said that he would process my order when the factory is making the sfs lace custom and bill me.
just don't know when.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Talked with John today and he is going to refund my money.
John has always been upfront with me and he said that he would process my order when the factory is making the sfs lace custom and bill me.
just don't know when.

Why don't you just order from another company? Many of them are making lace systems now.

jkge142

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I was hoping that someone might be able to tell me a reputable company that will make a sfs custom piece.

jkge142

My Regimen
Reaction score
The information that was passed on to me was that some manufacturers are producing french silk lace stock units, but not custom.
Again forgive my redundancy but that was why I ask if someone had any luck with custom sfs units.

Milo Bloom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why don't you just order from another company? Many of them are making lace systems now.
Please share the contact info for these companies. Within the last week, I’ve contacted 10+ suppliers and not 1 could source a lace system.

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The information that was passed on to me was that some manufacturers are producing french silk lace stock units, but not custom.
Again forgive my redundancy but that was why I ask if someone had any luck with custom sfs units.

What is 'silk lace'?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has production of lace units started back up again? What is the current situation with North Korea etc?

Lace production never fully stopped, it just was slowed, and still is slow, but picking up. The Chinese factories are attempting to ramp up, but it's a struggle since there are still not nearly enough skilled workers. Many types of customizations are still not available.

North Korea remains closed for the foreseeable future.

jkge142

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lace production never fully stopped, it just was slowed, and still is slow, but picking up. The Chinese factories are attempting to ramp up, but it's a struggle since there are still not nearly enough skilled workers. Many types of customizations are still not available.

This is a direct response to a question that was asked.
Being rude was not my intent.
Thank you for your response.

Milo Bloom

My Regimen
Reaction score