New bie : Propecia or Avodart?? which one is the best

ravik

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been loosing hair since years and got bald, it is neither frontal bald or bald at crown, hair is thinning uniformly as whole. I approached this forum desperately, atleast some medication will help me.

On the internet there are lots of treatments, itz quite confusing to decide which one to go or which one is the best one. I read much about Propecia and Avodart.

I have few questions, please go thru them

1. Does hair loss problem repeats once Propecia is stopped using?

2. Both Propecia and Avodart usage has bad side effects like loosing sexual capability? is it true

3. I have been using "Hair, Skin & Nails 3000 mcg of Biotin" tablets from REXELL, INC since 7 months . but I couldn't observe any difference on my hair loss. Along with these tables I have been taking multivitamin tables such as CALCIUM, MAGNESIUM, ZINC, NATURAL COD LIVER OIL AND VITAMIN A. Do they give any adverse affect on hair loss?

4. If I want to start using either Propecia or Avodart, Do I need to consult a doctor (I don't have any health problems) ?

If I might have asked some junk and stupid questions please kindly excuse me.

Any suggestions would favor me and your help is highly appreciated

Thank you
Ravik

tonemaster

Reaction score
yeah propecia's effects will stop working it you stop taking the pill. you do need a prescription for it unless you get it online at inhousepharmacy.com or unitedpharmacies.com. they dont require a prescription. (sometimes theres questions regarding if theyre legit. i dont know cos i havent ordered from them yet) Obviously consulting a doctor first is good. Its your choice though.

about sexual side effects, some people get it. they say majority of people dont get anything too bad. you wont know until you try it.

regarding what to do. it seems that everyone here recommonds getting on the "top 3" which is 1. propecia/avodart aka finasteride or dutasteride (or proscar, generic finasteride/dutasteride which are cheaper version you can cut into 4 or 5 pieces), 2. minoxidil (rogaine foam/liquid) 3. nizoral 2% shampoo.

read around on the old posts and youll find out a lot about all these things. also it takes time and patience to do it. theres periods of shedding you gotta go through to get the hairs to regrow in thicker. good luck man!