New: Best Adhesive Remover For Lace Base?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently got my first hairpiece; it looks unusually good, is comfortable, etc. I'm very happy with it.

I use tape for bonding, and just wear it till it loosens up.

Right now, I don't have an adhesive remover. I only have 91% Rubbing Alcohol.

Should I order one? If so, which? "

The adhesive removers seem to be alcohol + oils?

I'm trying to make the usage of this system as simple and as primitive as possible!

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Cottonreville

Alcohol is all you need, but you will find that 99% isopropyl alcohol is much more effective than 91% (rubbing alcohol). You should be able to get 99% cheaply in bulk from a DIY store or pharmacy.

As you say, the proprietary fluids are just alcohol plus moisturiser and scent. The active ingredient is always the alcohol.

Noah

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. I use the following tape: AIRAO (on amazon ; blue colored, contoured, with 3 perforations in each piece)

It works well, doesn't hold terribly long, and comes off very easily with the 91%. I do wait for the bond to get weak. I guess I'll appropriate 99 for even better results.

When you speak of making the work easier, are speaking in reference more to cleanup of glue?

Hair system talk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Cottonreville

Alcohol is all you need, but you will find that 99% isopropyl alcohol is much more effective than 91% (rubbing alcohol). You should be able to get 99% cheaply in bulk from a DIY store or pharmacy.

As you say, the proprietary fluids are just alcohol plus moisturiser and scent. The active ingredient is always the alcohol.

Noah
Do you also use the alcohol to clean off any residue on your scalp?

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Cottonreville

Noah
@Noah - what are the advantages of using alcohol over C-22? I currently use C-22 and a water flosser and it works well. I'm wondering if I should change to alcohol instead. I think I tried alcohol in the initial stages but it didn't loosen the glue as well as C-22.