New Article on Cloning--in Wall Street Journal May 4, 2005

hair23

Reaction score
Anyone have access to this article? Supposedly it is in the 5/4/05 edition, and the title is:

Hair Cloning as 'Silver Bullet' For Baldness May Take Awhile

Doesn't sound too promising, but I'm hoping for the best!

michael barry

Reaction score
If doctor Ungerer could only grow hair on 4 out of 23 patients, and the hair grown was short and scraggely with only one patient "with a nice tuft of hair", Id say cloning has a ways to go.

On a brighter note, if a gel that was composed of dermal papilla cells like bosley researchers were suggesting, that could be a minimally invasive way to regrow hair where a patient at least wouldnt have tiny scar holes from needle pricks all over their head if it didnt grow.

I worry about the newly injected cells becoming cancerous. Ive seen several doctors express this concern. Nevermind if the hair might fall back out in a few years, grow in "weak" and "scraggely". I just hope the new cells express some contact inhibition and not grow like wildfire cancer cells. I wonder what the backs of the mice look like when this is done and what their health effects have been? Have seen nothing on that.

Saulus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very very promising

I think the cure and hairmultiplication is around the corner

In two years max we'll be there

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A
Very very promising

I think the cure and hairmultiplication is around the corner

In two years max we'll be there
Are you kidding me man? You replied to a post that is over 12 years old. That really adds a twist of irony to the content of your reply also, lol.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
how many norwoods have you gained since yesterday?

800px_COLOURBOX9228474.jpg

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
2018 is critical - Follica HAS to begin the trial on time. If not, who knows when a new treatment comes to market. I am now pretty confident that Replcel’s tech is garbage - if it had any value, the market would know and their stock would be $5, not steadily declining to zero. Tsuji, etc? Who knows - people here have a massively misguided and overinflated opinion of Japanese biotech.
f*** Replicel believe in Shiseido...sounds weird? Yes! Still logical, because someone bought something promising (Shiseido) and someone sold his *** for money (Replicel) ..sounds better now right?

Last edited:

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2018 is critical - Follica HAS to begin the trial on time. If not, who knows when a new treatment comes to market. I am now pretty confident that Replcel’s tech is garbage - if it had any value, the market would know and their stock would be $5, not steadily declining to zero. Tsuji, etc? Who knows - people here have a massively misguided and overinflated opinion of Japanese biotech.

f*** Replicel believe in Shiseido...sounds weird? Yes! Still logical, because someone bought something promising (Shiseido) and someone sold his *** for money (Replicel) ..sounds better know right?

Totally agree. But I actually think the tech is pretty good. If you look at the people trying to clone follicles, dermal papilla cells and mesenchymal cells are involved. Long story short, I think replenishing DP cells via DSCs ain't a half bad idea.

But Replicel the company sucks *** yeah. If I were an investor, what I am really betting on is their execution ability, which has been terrible (pretty much nothing for 2017). So more power to Shiseido.

I'M READY TO BLOW MY MONEY ON A 2018 TRIP TO JAPAN PLEASE PREPARE THE HAIR TECHNOLOGY.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Totally agree. But I actually think the tech is pretty good. If you look at the people trying to clone follicles, dermal papilla cells and mesenchymal cells are involved. Long story short, I think replenishing DP cells via DSCs ain't a half bad idea.

But Replicel the company sucks *** yeah. If I were an investor, what I am really betting on is their execution ability, which has been terrible (pretty much nothing for 2017). So more power to Shiseido.

I'M READY TO BLOW MY MONEY ON A 2018 TRIP TO JAPAN PLEASE PREPARE THE HAIR TECHNOLOGY.
As an investor I just would think that Replicel is nothing but false promises, the only available product is a funny plastic injector that nobody wants and the most important cell based products aren't developed based on the lack of money and research in the right direction. The whole company is just a farce and their only hope is generating royalties from Shiseido...

thecure

My Regimen
Reaction score
So are you guys saying that rch-01 didn't amount to nothing? f*** that is very disappointing.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why the lost of faith in Repicel/Shiseido product ? Sure their DSCs tech is under development for nearly 10 years, but this is solid, and they proved it with their Phase 1 trial results.We don't have much news lately, but Phase 2 is still ongoing.