NeverEndingBattle's story - (My never ending Quest!)

NeverEndingBattle

Reaction score
46 yr old male who's been battling hairloss for 26 yrs and somehow been able to stay ahead of the curve until now. Started when I was 20 with losing hair in temples and vertex got on 2% minoxidil back in the 80's and went to the Thomas hair clinic which help me maintain healthy hair and also tried every scam that has come along the way. Early 90's had some hair transplant in front that are a little pluggy right now and plan to get done shortly by Dr. Feller or Bernstein and then should look real natural. Anyway when 1997 came I had a bald spot the size of a half a dollar on right side of crown and some good thinning in center of head. I got right on Proscar when the day it came out w/ 5% minoxidil. Cut the proscar i half so I was taking 2.5mg everyday and also started prox-n at the same time. Went back to Dr. after 3 months on proscar and he said it wasn't working for me. I still stayed with that regimen of 1/2 proscar, 5% minoxidil morning and night and prox-n at night. Low and behold after 1 year I had hair like I had when I was a teenager. Thick full robust hair in the front and top the crown was reduced to a size of a quarter and never really filled in and could never understand it but my hair was longer enough to cover it and hide the pluggy look of my hair transplant in the front. Well 9 years go by and in between I try prescription Proxiphen from 1999 to 2003 expensive and really could achieve anymore gains but was trying to fill that nagging spot in crown. My hair life is wonderful at this time in my life as for 9 years I haven't worried once about hairloss. July 2006 comes and I notice my crown on right side starting to thin out I figured it for a shed that I hadn't really ever had. Sept 06 I can't get Proscar script from Doctor anymore he retires and moves so I order Dr. Reddy' Finax and continue w/ 2mg a day until Dec 06 still staying thin in crown and added rogaine 5% foam until july2007. Tried Spectral for 2 months in April and May but didn't like the feel or look. Anyway heres July 07 and my hair went to hell Crown the size of a lemon thinning in vertex frontal thinned where hair transplant area little pluggy "OH MY GOODBNESS WHAT HAPPEN" ? Was it the switch to Dr. Reddy's Finax but it seemed I was starting to thin before I switched is it the rogaine foam? Did finasteride run it's course and that's it ? Maybe I should have went to 5mg a day finasteride. Anyway I'm in panic mode and I staying w/ rogaine 5% foam because right now liquid will look like sh*t on my hair and it never did because of the thickness just wnet back on prox-n which was one of the basics that I started in 1997 and much to my regret started Dr.Reddy's Dustasteride 7/26/07 I am scared as sh*t about being on dutasteride with all the horror stories I been reading on here. Never had any sides on all the years of Proscar. Right at this moment don't see many hairs in shower and hair does look healthier. I hope this was the right move I just think it was the 5% foam Dr.Reddy's finasteride or just not a responder anynore to finasteride or the load of stress that I had for the last 6 months. . Since taking dutasteride I don't know if I have any sides yet I do feel wierd sometimes mabe in my head. I must say I workout and bike and am in very good shape shave stomach and legs for biking and hair doesn't look like it's growing like it use to almost stopped . Anyway that's my story . I can't believe it. I guess at least I was lucky for 9 years. I will give this regimen a try for at least 6 months and hope some positive news will come out on dutasteride because I am scared and don't read about too many success stories. Wish me luck. Will try to get pics up soon.

BornBaldDieBald

Established Member
Reaction score
try breaking your story up into paragraphs. You will get more replies that way.

NeverEndingBattle

Reaction score
Never Ending Quest

46 yr old male who's been battling hairloss for 26 yrs and somehow been able to stay ahead of the curve until now. Started when I was 20 with losing hair in temples and vertex got on 2% minoxidil back in the 80's and went to the Thomas hair clinic which help me maintain healthy hair and also tried every scam that has come along the way.

Early 90's had some hair transplant in front that are a little pluggy right now and plan to get done shortly by Dr. Feller or Bernstein and then should look real natural. Anyway when 1997 came I had a bald spot the size of a half a dollar on right side of crown and some good thinning in center of head. I got right on Proscar when the day it came out w/ 5% minoxidil. Cut the proscar i half so I was taking 2.5mg everyday and also started prox-n at the same time. Went back to Dr. after 3 months on proscar and he said it wasn't working for me. I still stayed with that regimen of 1/2 proscar, 5% minoxidil morning and night and prox-n at night.

Low and behold after 1 year I had hair like I had when I was a teenager. Thick full robust hair in the front and top the crown was reduced to a size of a quarter and never really filled in and could never understand it but my hair was longer enough to cover it and hide the pluggy look of my hair transplant in the front. Well 9 years go by and in between I try prescription Proxiphen from 1999 to 2003 expensive and really could achieve anymore gains but was trying to fill that nagging spot in crown. My hair life is wonderful at this time in my life as for 9 years I haven't worried once about hairloss.

July 2006 comes and I notice my crown on right side starting to thin out I figured it for a shed that I hadn't really ever had. Sept 06 I can't get Proscar script from Doctor anymore he retires and moves so I order Dr. Reddy' Finax and continue w/ 2mg a day until Dec 06 still staying thin in crown and added rogaine 5% foam until july2007. Tried Spectral for 2 months in April and May but didn't like the feel or look. Anyway heres July 07 and my hair went to hell Crown the size of a lemon thinning in vertex frontal thinned where hair transplant area little pluggy "OH MY GOODBNESS WHAT HAPPEN" ?

Was it the switch to Dr. Reddy's Finax but it seemed I was starting to thin before I switched is it the rogaine foam? Did finasteride run it's course and that's it ? Maybe I should have went to 5mg a day finasteride. Anyway I'm in panic mode and I staying w/ rogaine 5% foam because right now liquid will look like $#iT on my hair and it never did because of the thickness just wnet back on prox-n which was one of the basics that I started in 1997 and much to my regret started Dr.Reddy's Dustasteride 7/26/07 I am scared as $#iT about being on dutasteride with all the horror stories I been reading on here. Never had any sides on all the years of Proscar.

Right at this moment don't see many hairs in shower and hair does look healthier. I hope this was the right move I just think it was the 5% foam Dr.Reddy's finasteride or just not a responder anynore to finasteride or the load of stress that I had for the last 6 months. . Since taking dutasteride I don't know if I have any sides yet I do feel wierd sometimes mabe in my head. I must say I workout and bike and am in very good shape shave stomach and legs for biking and hair doesn't look like it's growing like it use to almost stopped . Anyway that's my story .

I can't believe it. I guess at least I was lucky for 9 years. I will give this regimen a try for at least 6 months and hope some positive news will come out on dutasteride because I am scared and don't read about too many success stories. Wish me luck. Will try to get pics up soon.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
You should have never quit finasteride man

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
Good luck mate.

Seems that once people start changing their regimen (esp finasteride) things can get shaky.

Hopefully things improve.

NeverEndingBattle

Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
You should have never quit finasteride man

Why would you say stay with finasteride? Been on it for ten years with great results w/ minoxidil . Started to see thinning in crown in July 06 and switched to Reddy's finasteride and then foam in dec 06 and this July 07 my robust head of hair is gone gone gone.

Maybe I should of tried to get another script for Merck proscar? But I don't want to second guess because I was losing ground on it last year. Maybe I should have upped my dose of finasteride to 5mg or tried different topicals. Who knows I am on Dutas for 3 weeks and will hope for the best!
Hair is sh*t can't believe it back to looking in the mirror every min, it sucks!

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol

[wall of text] hits you for 9999 damage
You die.

I'm on dutasteride... don't believe all of the horror stories.

7/26/07.........? you started it right now... even though the post was the 24th?

Your first few weeks will be weird as you adjust to the new med. I bloated a little but it went away. Your probably going to get a shed after about a month or 2 (the initial shed) but keep going and it bounces back :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
well at least your hair looked great for the past 20 yrs.

I would be more than happy for keep my hair for 20 more yrs, then I can care less.