Never to a monofilament system? Think again!

Jbalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a THICK poly surround non-fine mono unit. It's very dense so I barely wear it, but it's epic. I'd love to try the type of Mono which doesn't require poly/other base edges - like "fine-weilded mono" - as even the worst mono is strikingly impressive.

I'm love to try an all mono unit w/ single knotted hairs in the front, if such a thing exists.

Mono is not bad in the least; in fact, I think it's superior in almost every way to other base types - but I've never tried a "high end" mono piece - a piece w/ a at least small knots at the hairline.

I've a french lace unit right now, whose knots are double+ everywhere. It looks awful - as fake as it gets. I don't think base type matters as much as how the front of the base is addressed!
Hmm I have a french piece on right now that doesnt have that issue - only issue is the "flesh" colored lace when really clear is the only one suppliers should be using.. They sent me another one and its knots are unbleached and double knotting like you said. I hope my stylist can bleach them out.

Luca82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where can I order one of those stock mono pieces ? Seems like my color 1b is sold out!?

Or can you guys recommend any online shops with stock pieces?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm I have a french piece on right now that doesnt have that issue - only issue is the "flesh" colored lace when really clear is the only one suppliers should be using.. They sent me another one and its knots are unbleached and double knotting like you said. I hope my stylist can bleach them out.
If the hair is dark, you really can't properly bleach. You just get orange.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where did you get it?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Orange on the lace, @Jbalding, or the knots, or both? I wear Color 2, generally accepted as Dark Brown, and I can't bleach by knots to any color but orange. It's better than dark brown, but it is rough on the lace...What's your method?

Jbalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Orange on the lace, @Jbalding, or the knots, or both? I wear Color 2, generally accepted as Dark Brown, and I can't bleach by knots to any color but orange. It's better than dark brown, but it is rough on the lace...What's your method?
Its from the factory - Its orangeish on the front third of the hairline area but really only visible in direct sunlight. Its a color 6 - but I bought a color 4 that does not have that issue. I have 2 6's coming in but will probably dye those darker.

TexanGuy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What type of mono application would be best for a non-exposed hairline? I've seen some with lace at the front but I wonder if the lace front would wear down and need replacing faster VS a mono system with a full poly border

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
What type of mono application would be best for a non-exposed hairline? I've seen some with lace at the front but I wonder if the lace front would wear down and need replacing faster VS a mono system with a full poly border

You could do full mono or mono + poly.