Nervous About First Piece- Advise Appreciated!

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys I've been reading some threads around here and I had some questions. I just ordered a custom piece from Sure Hair International (not sure if anyone has dealt with them before and has had a good or bad experience)

Seems pretty good they matched my density to a medium light or something along those lines. Took a live hair sample to match colour, full lace system (not sure if its french or swiss, probably french?) with bleached knots. After reading on the forums here deeper after ordering I didn't realize to ask about a gradual hair line, is that something standard with lace systems? I'm awaiting a response from them and will update.

I currently use concealer pretty well I must say haha I don't think people know but i'm getting to the point where it's not worth the mess and daily hassle and that a system would be ideal, as long as it's undetectable.

Another questions is about the hair line. How realistic are we talking here? More importantly will I need to be worried about having to keep the front from peeling up a bit? It's things like that happening that make me queasy about my decision. They plan on gluing the system to me with monthly refits. After reading on here I feel as if that may be just right if not a slight bit too long. What do you guys think?

I would appreciate any help,

Thanks!

Matt

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Matt

I don't know Surehair; hopefully someone who does will chip in. But it sounds like they are doing most of the right things, - lace base, bleached knots, matching the hair by taking samples - those are most of the crucial steps toward getting a good result. Did they make a template of your head too? Graduated hairline is also important, and does generally come as standard from most decent suppliers, but if I were you I would give them a call to confirm that you are getting that.

I think monthly servicing is longer than ideal, but it is typical of arrangements where you rely on a salon for maintenance. Personally I think you should be looking to learn how to do your own maintenance, so that you can attach and reattach more often - every 7-14 days is ideal. I think you should confirm with the salon that they will educate you on how to do that at the same time as doing your maintenance. Whether your hairline will be solid for a month depends what adhesive your salon will be using and how your personal body chemistry reacts to that adhesive, which you won't know till you try it. You may have to pull back the hairline at the 2-week point and re-do it. You should make sure that your salon will give you free support to cover any teething troubles of that sort in the early weeks, while you are finding your feet.

Hope that's helpful.
Noah

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Noah for the response! Yes they took a template of the area that will be covered and I just got a reply back saying the hairline will be graduated. Is there anything else that I should be asking? I'm just nervous it won't be realistic !

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A month is too long and may not be suitable for you. The ideal length depends on a few factors which you will only know once you start.

French lace tends to be stronger.

You can use tweezers to thin the front if you are not wholly satisfied.

You might want to opt for a hair down style initially until you get comfortable with it.

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the response! Ok I figured after much reading around that the month may be too long.

Its important for me to have confidence in the system and the bond so I can do what I'm worried about without worry haha. I do everything with my hair because I just use concealer with ltos of hair spray and paste but I avoid swimming for obvious reasons.

I'm also worried the system will look way better than my current hair lol. I've also noticed that all the pics I see online they have product in. Is a natural blow dried look possible?

Right now it's annoying as he'll to prep my hair I have a whole dam process so I'm hoping the system will -although not maintenance free- eliminate the issues I'm having with using concealer.

Also when you say use tweezers do you mean to just tug on hair and thin it out or actually pulling hairs at the front out to get that look?

Thanks for all the help so far!

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes tweezers strand by strand until you are happy. The system will shed hair naturally so its an on going process but it can give a natural graduation.by your own hand.