Neograft Vs. Strip Method: Which Hair Transplant Method Is Better?

Reaction score
Strip method: The traditional strip harvesting technique, known as Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT), involves removing the follicular units from the donor area as one group. The strip method allows the follicular units to be extracted intact, in their genetic form.
NeoGraft method: The newer NeoGraft method automates the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) procedure. The NeoGraft method takes the hair out from the donor area with a cookie-cutter looking punch knife that has a diameter of approximately 1mm. This tool is inserted around one hair or a group of hairs known as a follicular unit.

Proven vs. New and Trendy
Strip method: The strip method has a proven track record of success and provides natural looking permanent results.

NeoGraft method: The NeoGraft method is the new kid on the block and includes increased surgical time, lower precision, and a higher cost to the patient.

LosingMyLocks

My Regimen
Reaction score
To preface this, my opinion is based on only 3 weeks worth of obsessive research since realising I was balding.

In my opinion, FUT is the best method of transplant in the vast majority of cases. It has a higher graft survival rate, it leaves your donor area 'un-depleted' and so is more future proof, and it leaves you with one scar no matter how many surgeries. The only downside is the strip scar, but I think I might be alone in considering the scar to look bad *** and not something to be self-conscious about.

FUE on the other hand depletes your donor, meaning future balding is going to be a serious issue after your second or third transplant. It leaves you with tiny scars on the back of your head where no hair is ever going to grow again. The survival rate of grafts is lower.

I think if you're a young guy who is receding, FUT allows you to fill in your hairline whilst also having plenty to work with in the future. I think if you're a guy who is completely bald, FUT allows you to transplant A LOT more hair than an FUE.

The only disadvantage of an FUT as far as I can tell, is the scar. But again, I don't know why guys are so concerned about it.

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you like to rock a tight hairstyle the FUT scar is absolutely nasty. That's the only drawback, but a really big one.

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think if I were to do it I would go with go with FUT with smp on the scarzone.

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
To preface this, my opinion is based on only 3 weeks worth of obsessive research since realising I was balding.

In my opinion, FUT is the best method of transplant in the vast majority of cases. It has a higher graft survival rate, it leaves your donor area 'un-depleted' and so is more future proof, and it leaves you with one scar no matter how many surgeries. The only downside is the strip scar, but I think I might be alone in considering the scar to look bad *** and not something to be self-conscious about.

FUE on the other hand depletes your donor, meaning future balding is going to be a serious issue after your second or third transplant. It leaves you with tiny scars on the back of your head where no hair is ever going to grow again. The survival rate of grafts is lower.

I think if you're a young guy who is receding, FUT allows you to fill in your hairline whilst also having plenty to work with in the future. I think if you're a guy who is completely bald, FUT allows you to transplant A LOT more hair than an FUE.

The only disadvantage of an FUT as far as I can tell, is the scar. But again, I don't know why guys are so concerned about it.
The fut scar is pretty much a a neon sign saying you've had a hair graft and has stigma attached to it,

but there is a solution to every problem

before-after2.jpg

LosingMyLocks

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, personally I wouldn't have any issue with having a big *** scar on the back of my head - wouldn't give it a second thought. Regarding it being neon sign advertising the fact you've had a hair transplant - again, couldn't care less. Feel zero embarrassment about getting a hair transplant - literally zero, it's not even an issue in 2019 for young guys.

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, personally I wouldn't have any issue with having a big *** scar on the back of my head - wouldn't give it a second thought. Regarding it being neon sign advertising the fact you've had a hair transplant - again, couldn't care less. Feel zero embarrassment about getting a hair transplant - literally zero, it's not even an issue in 2019 for young guys.
True the world has gone pretty transgender since the IG era/Obama

I'm 40 male, back in my day you'd get laughed out of the building for having any work done.