Negligence costs...

SimonGar

Reaction score
Hello everybody,
I am really new here and I thought I should start by telling my story and seek for some advice. I am 33 years old and first noticed to lose hair when I was 27. I can't say that I liked it but...women still liked me :D, so I did not pay that much of attention to it. I always had a pretty big forehead, as my father and my sister also have, so losing a few more hair in the front did not change my appearance that much. But as the years passed by, my hairline was decending even more, up to a NW3 which now is rather annoying when I look myself on the mirror. Still I did not do anything about it, mostly because I am not very fond of medicine (plus I luck the discipline of taking a pill on a regular basis). Of course, avoiding taking mesures for a problem, does not make the problem go away, it actually makes it worse. So here I am, with a NW3 AND early signs of hair loss on the crown. So finally I decided to do something about it. Two months ago, I started searching the internet about hair loss and recently I registered on this forum. I have read a lot and I finnaly decided to take a doctor's advice (I have an appointment on Tuesday). I am willing to try taking medicines, oral or topical solutions, on doctor's advice, since I read a lot of cases of success. To be true, I am a little bit afraid of the side effects some drugs have on some cases, but if I don't try I never know!
Anyway, I will let you know on how the doctor's appointment went and I will be glad to hear some thoughts of you guys, since many of you have been in this situation much longer than me and -most important- have done something about it long ago.

SimonGar

Reaction score
Hello again,
I went to the doctor as I told you and he adviced me to do some therapy, propecia (1 pill/daily) and minoxidil (1ml/twice a day) and re-examination after 6 months. He informed me about the side effects of finasteride and told me that in the beginning I might face some or all of them and told me that if the side effects persist for more than one month or if they turn to be severe, then I should quit the therapy and talk to him again. Before the therapy he suggested to do some blood tests (unfortunately I don’t have the exact tests, but I promise I will uploaded them as soon as possible). I am a little bit nervous about the side-effects but I am determined to do something about my hair loss now, so I hope nothing will go wrong. I start tomorrow, so I 'll keep you posted on the results!

Lumpy

Reaction score
I'm new too (but not as new as you)

Hello, propecia and minoxidil are the way to go. I would suggest using nixoral shampoo. I have nixoral 1%
Just a warning, most people including myself, she'd like crazy for the first couple months of rogaine. For me it caused me to lose a ton of density(I have thinning all over and balding on crown)
Propecia is very worth trying. When I first attempted to take propecia I took 1 full pill a day. Within 6 days my balls ached bad, very little c*m, c*m was watery, and erections were weak.
I quit taking propecia after one week. All the sides went away. Then after tons of reading I realized that Propecia is very important to effectively fight hair loss. I discovered that many guys were adjusting doses to avoid sides and the propecia was still giving them positive results. I went and bought a pill cutter and I'm taking half a pill per day with ZERO sides.
Also with propecia, I think it's important to keep a healthy lifestyle to better your chances of avoiding sides.
Now I have been using rogaine foam 5% 2x a day for a little over 2 months.(along with nixoral and propecia) the shedding has just about stopped and I do notice my hair is beginning to thicken up a very little bit. Most people state no results are noticed until 4-6 months.
Good luck!!! Keep us updated!

Last edited:

SimonGar

Reaction score
Thanks for the information Lumpy! I am starting today with the medicines the doctor gave me and I will keep you updated about the results.