Negative Side-effects of Minoxidil, Finastride and Exercise

Thurkin

Reaction score
I started the magic combonitation of utilizing both 5% Minoxidil (twice daily) and a daily pill of Finastride for the past 3 months and I can say that my hair thickness and density has improved by at least 30%. HOWEVER, I just started experiencing the negative side-effects mentioned on my Minoxidil bottle (chest pains and increased heart beat). These symptoms seem to increase right after I exercise (cardio & weight resistance). After my doctor advised me to discontinue w/Minoxidil I still use Finastride and the symptoms subsided somewhat, but not entirely. My doctor basically used the same excuse that 'warning label' on my Minoxidil bottle gave, so I'm a little lost as to "WHY" I am experiencing these side-effects considering that my blood-pressure, cholesterol and heart rate are in top form.

Has anyone else experienced this, and has your doctor advised a solution that enabled you to continue using Minoxidil?

Thanks

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep, drop to 5% once a day and you'll still get the results, but without the angina.

Thurkin

Reaction score
Leirro30 said:
minoxidil worked great on my hair, but I had very bad sides. I now take only Propecia.

When you say very bad "sides" are you referring to side-burns or the chestpain/angina discussed in this thread?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Dr. Marty sawaya once told me that she was aware of the Minoxidil trials and only 1 application per day was needed. 2x a day was unnecessary.

HairLossTalk.com

Petchsky

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
Dr. Marty sawaya once told me that she was aware of the Minoxidil trials and only 1 application per day was needed. 2x a day was unnecessary.

HairLossTalk.com

That makes me feel better about going down to 1 a day.

5 weeks now and no negative change. In fact things are looing pretty good.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Well i dropped from twice daily to once ages ago, and it still appears to be doing the job.

Whether I'm regrowing slower, less, or its stalled I can't be sure of.

But the convenice is worth it. PLUS you'll have something to fall back onto in the future if it loses it's effectiveness..