Needing Opinions! Is It Time For A Ride On Finasteride?

CaseyLennings

My Regimen
Reaction score
First of all I apologise for this post because I know a lot of you guys on here get annoyed at the site of them.

I'm 19 and I'm unsure of whether or not I'm beginning to lose my hair. It has been receding for the past few months now, I first noticed it in January. It was as if it happened overnight, I'd never seen nor noticed that it had receded before.
I have no family history of balding aside one great uncle who started losing his hair in his late 40's. My dad and both granddads still have heads of thick hair and it looked as though I was following this trend up until it started to recede. My hair feels and still seems to be very thick on the top. I've heard of the mature phase for a hairline and I'm sceptical on believing that mine is going through this. My hairline seems to be similar to
my granddads, my cowlick is postioned in the same place as his. But from looking at old pictures he didn't start to mature/recede until late on (mid twenties/thirties). My hair seems to have started this mature process very early in comparison to people around me which is what's scaring me. The closest comparison I can think of in reference to my hairline is Jack Wilshere's. It's not bang on but it looks as though it is developing into the same style hairline.

Basically I'm fearful of it continuing to recede as It would destroy my self esteem and confidence to have an NW3/4 in my twenties. I don't have family history of this but like many forums have said, male pattern baldness is a very unpredictable and scary process.

To anyone who took the time to read this, thank you and a reply on your thoughts and opinions on what I should do would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1257.JPG
    IMG_1257.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 223