Need Your Help With My First Experience

Russianguy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi!
I'm going to attach my first system on poly base at the next week. I've already found a local salon in my russian city. Hope that my experience will be great.
But I start to prepare myself to DIY and in that case, I need best products for re-attach my hairline at home between visiting my stylist.
Dears, which of these products are best among adhesives, scalp protectors and solvents?
I'm russian guy and maybe sometimes my explanations are funny but nevertheless, I need your pieces of advice)))
Adhesives:
1. https://www.hairdirect.com/store/at...e/walkergreatwhiteliquidadhesivewhite14ounces
2. https://www.hairdirect.com/store/at...erultraholdbrushonliquidadhesiveclear14ounces

Solvents:
1. Lace release from Walker http://springnailsupply.com/1-4oz-lace-release-walker_9115
2. https://www.hairdirect.com/store/scalpcleaningprep/solvents/wal-h2go-4oz
3. http://системаволос.рф/e-store/solvents/21/

Scalp protectors:
1. https://www.hairdirect.com/store/scalpcleaningprep/scalpprotection/scalppro-spray-2oz
2. https://www.hairdirect.com/store/scalpcleaningprep/scalpprotection/scalp-protector-1-3oz
3. https://www.hairdirect.com/store/scalpcleaningprep/scalpprotection/shp-wal-scalpthick1oz

And I want to hide my hairline at this way. What do you think?

Thanx a lot!

Attachments

• Ромка.jpg
    Ромка.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

Laconian

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just got my first hair system and I'm already in deep DIY water because the attachment didn't go as planned.

I'll give you my two cents for what it's worth.

Solvents/scalp protectors/etc. - just go with rubbing alcohol (90 to 99%). Cheap and just as effective.

I got a lace system with tape around the edges and glue up front installation. Glue is messy, time-consuming business especially if it gets in the hair (which it will if you're a newbie). Tape comes off easy but using it correctly especially on the hairline can be tricky.

I'm in the process of experimenting with Got2Be Glued (yellow tube, black tube doesn't hold for me) and I'm hopeful. Easy application even if your scalp isn't completely shaved, easy removal, easy clean-up. I also like the prospect of being able to take off the system every day before going to sleep.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just got my first hair system and I'm already in deep DIY water because the attachment didn't go as planned.

Solvents/scalp protectors/etc. - just go with rubbing alcohol (90 to 99%). Cheap and just as effective.

Sorry, but that is absolutely 100% incorrect!

Different solvents are formulated for different types of adhesives/tapes. 99% alcohol does NOT work as well as some of them, it depends on the adhesive and the base.

Scalp protector is not just alcohol! It contains polymers that act as a protective layer between the scalp and the adhesive. It acts as a sort of "primer" for the adhesive. Some guys can't wear a system without it.

Steve

Russianguy

My Regimen
Reaction score

I'll give you my two cents for what it's worth.

I got a lace system with tape around the edges and glue up front installation. Glue is messy, time-consuming business especially if it gets in the hair (which it will if you're a newbie). Tape comes off easy but using it correctly especially on the hairline can be tricky.

I'm in the process of experimenting with Got2Be Glued (yellow tube, black tube doesn't hold for me) and I'm hopeful. Easy application even if your scalp isn't completely shaved, easy removal, easy clean-up. I also like the prospect of being able to take off the system every day before going to sleep.

Maybe I don't know, but is got2be there just styling gel for hair? We have one in Russia but it sell as styling feature.

Attachments

• got2b-stalnaya-hvatka-gel.jpg
    got2b-stalnaya-hvatka-gel.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 146

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just 2 responders and no one answer at my question about products & hairstyle...(

Sorry. I have not used any of the products that you have linked.

The adhesives we use are GhostBond Supreme for Poly/Lace systems.

For scalp prep, Walters Max Hold Sport.

I have never used a lace release, just alcohol on a cotton ball, starting at the hairline to release the system.

In terms of solvents, 99% alcohol and C-22, if you really have problems getting the adhesive off the lace/poly.

As for hiding your hairline, that will surely work. Then I would ask why adhesive, and not tape all around?

Russianguy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry. I have not used any of the products that you have linked.

The adhesives we use are GhostBond Supreme for Poly/Lace systems.

For scalp prep, Walters Max Hold Sport.

I have never used a lace release, just alcohol on a cotton ball, starting at the hairline to release the system.

In terms of solvents, 99% alcohol and C-22, if you really have problems getting the adhesive off the lace/poly.

As for hiding your hairline, that will surely work. Then I would ask why adhesive, and not tape all around?

In case of I think that work with liquid adhesives more simple than tapes.
Really...I have unknown emotions and feelings before attaching my first system... That's really more difficult way in Russia, bcz we have less experience and poor range of maintenance products from russian resellers.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
In case of I think that work with liquid adhesives more simple than tapes.
Really...I have unknown emotions and feelings before attaching my first system... That's really more difficult way in Russia, bcz we have less experience and poor range of maintenance products from russian resellers.

Try the liquid, and if you find the cleanup too much to handle, you can always switch to tape.

Yes, this is a really emotional thing. Hair can be truly empowering. Going bald, for some, can be devastating.

Just remember that as time goes on, this will get easier.

Feel free to reach out whenever you need to.
S.

Russianguy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try the liquid, and if you find the cleanup too much to handle, you can always switch to tape.

Yes, this is a really emotional thing. Hair can be truly empowering. Going bald, for some, can be devastating.

Just remember that as time goes on, this will get easier.

Feel free to reach out whenever you need to.
S.
Thank you very much!
Should I place adhesives and tapes only for perimeter of system or I need use it at all space of my base and bald skin?

Laconian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe I don't know, but is got2be there just styling gel for hair? We have one in Russia but it sell as styling feature.

That's the one. There's also a black one called "Ultra Glued". It seems to work for a lot of people but I take back what I said. Neither work for me. I just can't get a good solid hold and the layer of glue on my head stinks and feels gooey and uncomfortable -- like my scalp can't breathe.

I'm experimenting now with a taped perimeter and hairline. Aiming for a 2-3 day hold and an easy clean-up. Did my first attachment today. Went so-so. Attached a little too low and too many hairs got stuck in the hairline. But the hold is very good and the lace system feels weightless. Didn't use any tape in the middle as I'll be reattaching the whole thing in a day or two.

I'm currently using up my Walker Ultra Hold Mini Tabs. Cutting them in half to double the amount of tape.

Generally I'm inspired by this Brazilian fellow (he makes it look effortless):

Russianguy

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the one. There's also a black one called "Ultra Glued". It seems to work for a lot of people but I take back what I said. Neither work for me. I just can't get a good solid hold and the layer of glue on my head stinks and feels gooey and uncomfortable -- like my scalp can't breathe.

I'm experimenting now with a taped perimeter and hairline. Aiming for a 2-3 day hold and an easy clean-up. Did my first attachment today. Went so-so. Attached a little too low and too many hairs got stuck in the hairline. But the hold is very good and the lace system feels weightless. Didn't use any tape in the middle as I'll be reattaching the whole thing in a day or two.

I'm currently using up my Walker Ultra Hold Mini Tabs. Cutting them in half to double the amount of tape.

Generally I'm inspired by this Brazilian fellow (he makes it look effortless):

Interesting way of attaching but tapes makes the front hairline more detectable than a glue. I think that I'll be experimenting too.