Need your advice please

zurih

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here.

My name is zuri, 21 years old, from israel.
I would like to consult with u guys...

I'm using Propecia and Minoxidil for about 5-6 months now.
After only 2-3 months I saw a really big improvement in my hair condition. The hair just growed again.

In the last month the hair started to fall really bad and I'm afraid going back to the status before I started using propecia and minoxidil.
The thing is that my hair is really fatty. I have to wash my hair every day because of that.
I heard that a fat hair may contribute to hair loss. Is there a shampoo or something like to resolve the fat on my hair?
Also, I heard the Dutasteride is much better that Propecia.. Is this really true? Should I switch to Dutasteride?
And what about Xandrox? Is it better that minoxidil 5%?
I would really appreciait your help. If you have any other suggestions I'll be gald to hear them

thanks in advance.

G

Don't change a thing, you are just going through a shed. People panic at this crucial stage and stop treatment. The real trick in this battle is not to panic. We have all done it, I did too.

So, just stick with it and I bet in three months time you will be back here saying that things are much better.

You should add Nizoral to your regime as well. Then you have the 'Big 3'. dutasteride is more powerful than finasteride but it is not FDA approved for hairloss. I would stick with finasteride for now and wait a year before you do anything...

j25

Established Member
Reaction score
Well yes, Nizoral has the tendency to dry out your hair a bit. For most people this is an annoying side effect, but in your case it could very well be just what you want.

zurih

Reaction score
thanks!

anybody knows a good Nizoral online store who delivers worldwide?
In here its expensive and I need a prescription.

thanks

j25

Established Member
Reaction score
I don;t know any online-stores, but in my country (The Netherlands) you can buy the 1% version in any drug store. It's called Rooscure.
The 1% version is supposed to have nearly the same effect as the 2% Nizoral and you don;t need a prescription for it, so i'd look for the 1% keto shampoo if i were you.

zurih

Reaction score
I'm so glad there is a whole community of us! :lol:
It helps to get through

eliazush

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello from Israel

Hi zurri,

My name is Eliaz and I am also from Israel. I am a pharmacist, by the way, so this is my suggestion: In israel the nizoral 1% isn't available. The 2% is available but requieres for a perscription. It is in the "Sal" of all the Kupat Holim, so you will get a discount, whether you are a memeber of maccabi or Klalit. (I think Meuchedet don't give any discount) I personally have been using Nizoral for almost two years now. It may help you with you oily hair. Hang on there...it';s probably a temporary shed that will stop shortly. You're lucky to start the treatment so yound... I also begun going bald around your age but treatment was much less popular and it took time till I got to the current regimen...I might have gained more hair had I started back then.

I use plain Minoxidil 5% and also Xandrox 5% and 15%. I change or upgrade my regimen once in a while in order to make it more effective or just to make it more simple. So, if you have any question or if you want to keep in touch outside this forum let me know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minoxidil 5%
Xandrox night 5%
Xandrox 15%
Nizoral 2%
Topical dutasteride + essencial oils
Folligen
spironolactone 2%

zurih

Reaction score
thanks for the reply Eliaz.

I bought the Nizoral today, without any discount.
I wonder though.

The shampoo really helps with hair loss? because there is no mention of it in the manual...

thanks in advance.

p.s: I send you pm

j25

Established Member
Reaction score
There is no mention in the manual, but it certainly is a helping factor in the battle against hairloss. Nizoral has an anti-inflammatory effect, which helps to calm down the itch on your scalp. It possibly also has an anti-androgen effect, which is even better.