Need to Know If I Need to Get On Medication (Pics Included)

abcdefg

Reaction score
Initially I say it looks like hair loss to me, but if your hair was always like that then I would have to say no. There is never harm in taking pictures like you have and just watching it. If its not going really fast just watch it and snap pictures in like 6 months or a year and compare. Waiting is a perfectly legit option or go see a derm if your worried about it and if you have bad hair loss in your family like your dad I would keep extra close eye on it. Again though if your not actually losing lots of hair and its always been like that dont worry just watch it. Not good idea to take propecia just for the fun of it if your not even losing hair

Abercrombie

Reaction score
Your temples are def going, no doubt. You can clearly see the minituarized hair on your sides (the ones that have lost their color, it always happens when its thinning). And also, your temple corners are too deep to be a normal maturing hairline. (trust me, i've been there and mine looked exactly the same when it started)

Keeping in mind your father lost his hair at, 18 you're in for a hair-loss ride over the next couple of years. Get on meds!

roberto522

Reaction score
just wear it down in the front no one will know ...or get ur temples filled in ...dang i wish i had that thick of hair !

BillyGnosis

Reaction score
I agree. My hairline looks is a bit like that. I had very thick hair until a couple of years ago. It was just a little sparse at the temples. I would give anything to go back in time and start treatments then. Your hair still looks great though and hopefully you'll be able to keep what you have for a long time.

asdf1234

Established Member
Reaction score
Your temples are def going, no doubt. You can clearly see the minituarized hair on your sides (the ones that have lost their color, it always happens when its thinning). And also, your temple corners are too deep to be a normal maturing hairline. (trust me, i've been there and mine looked exactly the same when it started)

Keeping in mind your father lost his hair at, 18 you're in for a hair-loss ride over the next couple of years. Get on meds!
my dad is bald and was bald at a younger age than I am. Doesn't the baldness gene come from your moms side?

Hair.worth.it

Reaction score
my dad is bald and was bald at a younger age than I am. Doesn't the baldness gene come from your moms side?

The gene can come from any side of your family. In my case was my dad's but a friend of mine has nw4+ maternal uncles and he just got on propecia and minoxidil.