Need Support - Alopecia Androgenetica

Evildevil

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is A from India. I am having severe hair loss since 2-3 months. Bathroom gets literally clogged everytime I take headbath, which is every other day. Because of this, every alternate day I get into serious depression. Initially I thought it might go away miraculously on its own, but it is just worsening with time.

I am 30 years old and I am on thyroid medication since 5 years. No kids, had a miscarriage 10 months back. PCOD diagonozed. Went to a dermatologist and got the blood work done. I got to know that my vitamin D level is VERY low -> 2% of the suggested minimum. Iron is in the band, but Doctor says it is border-level deficient. Also, she did a tricoscopy and showed me some pale yellow wraps around the folicles. she said I have alopecia androgenetica.

I started applying Hair4U 5% from today. I am worried if using this is safe when we are trying for a baby.

The thought of going bald and the worry of not having kids yet is in the back of my mind 24X7, not letting me function normally. I am very unhappy, lazy and stopped socializing with my friends because most of them have kids and a normal life, which makes me more depressed :(. I dont know how I am managing to go to work, but if it is a holiday/weekend, I sleep till 3 in the afternoons.

I don't know what kind of support I am expecting, but just wanted to vent out.

Thanks for reading,
A

Attachments

• 20160911_211023.jpg
    20160911_211023.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 317

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am very sorry you are going through this...

Are you looking to have a baby now? or soon?

I think most if not all anti androgen medication are not good if looking to have a child.

The low iron and low vitamin D is a theory by very reputable dermatologists DR Costarellis and Dr Bergfeldyou. You can read in below article from their experience and knowledge that if you are predisposed hereditary to lose hair that low iron ferritin will make it much worse sooner and that taking supplements under a physicians care if you do indeed need them will make treatments work better. If it helps on its own i am not sure about.

Anything you do is important to work with Dr iron can be very toxic. You need to get blood test every few weeks to monitor levels. Some people absorb iron quick and easy and some slow and not easy. so can be harmful if not under a Dr care.

Maybe print this article and show it to your Dermatologist.

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-...516/hair-loss-may-be-iron-deficiency?page=2#1

Evildevil

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips @hairblues. Yes, I am looking to have a baby now. And it is reelly stressful. Apart from my health issues, I am sure my stress is a major reason for the delay.