need something clarified

screwdht

Reaction score
i really want to start using minoxidil. since im a poor bastard im going to go with the generic (walmart) brand. but is it the same as rogaine? i dont see how a generic could have a different amount of minoxidil but i keep seeing people say "its not the same" and make claims like "generics are allowed by the FDA to be off 20% in potency." I certainly hope thats not the truth haha.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
YEP, exactly the same. I have used Walmart minoxidil as well, it is no different than Rogaine. Remember 5% minoxidil is 5% minoxidil, no matter generic or name brand. I use the Sam's Club brand now because it is much cheaper, 6 month's for like $19.00 but you have to have the club membership.

screwdht

Reaction score
k thanks for clearin that up. i think im gonna actually use kirklands minoxidil of amazon. youve had success with yours i take it?

phantom2x

Established Member
Reaction score
is it true if u stop minoxidil , u will shedd more than before..i never tryed minoxidil.

screwdht

Reaction score
i would assume you would shed a lot more cause all those hairs that were minoxidil dependent would get weaker. but it should go back to how it would be if you never used it to begin with.. which most likely would be worse hah

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
screwdht said:
k thanks for clearin that up. i think im gonna actually use kirklands minoxidil of amazon. youve had success with yours i take it?

Yep, I continue to have good success with minoxidil. Been using it for almost 5 years now.