Need some tips with shedding and longer hold

Rbro2678

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello I've been wearing for about 3/4 months now going good but I'm having a little issue I would like some advice one.
I use ultra hold tape around the perimeter and a little in the middle with walker scalp protector.
I only get about a week if I'm lucky.
Also my fringe tends to thin out within a month because of taking off tape so often.
I'm thinking of trying either different tape or I've heard you can add glue on the tape for a 2 week hold. Also I plan to start using isopropyl alcohol before peeling off the tape to not take off as much hair.
I use lavivid systems.
If anyone has any recommendations for a better product method or system company that may last longer please comment id love your advice thank you

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also my fringe tends to thin out within a month because of taking off tape so often.
Also I plan to start using isopropyl alcohol before peeling off the tape to not take off as much hair.

I'm not the only one who has noticed that pulling tape off the system without using isopropyl is a bad idea and pulls hairs out, then. Definitely use it to prolong the life of your system.

You should be able to get up to 2 - 3 weeks hold out of ultra hold tape, so I can't be sure why you're only getting a week. Are you cleaning your system and your scalp properly before attachment (use isopropyl if you can), so as to get the best possible hold?

Rbro2678

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i think its just my body chemistry not too sure thinking of using a different scalp protector and yeah as I said some glue I think I sweat a fair bit I always make sure to clean and re apply very carefully just seems my scalp sweats it off

Rbro2678

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just looked up max hold sport and realized.....I've also been applying the scalp protector wrong i thought you waited until it was "tacky" turns out you're meant to wait until its not tacky hahaha that probably hasn't been helping.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
A good product i use to lift the lace is lace release .. spray it on , leave it a few minutes and the spray releases the hold of the tape on the system and every time i can take off the system and ALL tape is left on my scalp. Its a game changer for me. No using c22 or anything else, and its easy and quick.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
A good product i use to lift the lace is lace release .. spray it on , leave it a few minutes and the spray releases the hold of the tape on the system and every time i can take off the system and ALL tape is left on my scalp. Its a game changer for me. No using c22 or anything else, and its easy and quick.
It's basically alcohol with fragrance.