Need Some Reassurance With finasteride Shed

celso217

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys I got on finasteride, nizoral and minoxidil about a week before my 21st birthday fun times. My hair loss was quite minor until the fall of my junior year where i started losing tons of hair just running my hands through it to style it. I also had a progressively worse male pattern baldness itch. Needless to say, DHT was going to work on my scalp. I had a bunch of anxiety and started reading through forums and reading on hair loss to the point where it was just too much. After hoping on the big 3, my hair bounced back about month 2 and 3. I was feeling great and wasn't worrying about hair loss anymore. It looked like my temples were filling back in and I was pumped. Unfortunately months 4 and 5 hit and I started shedding a lot of miniaturized hairs again. Another big thing is that my scalp has gotten itchy again, something I dealt with before I started treatment. I'm about to finish month 5 and I'm kind of freaking out that DHT is wrecking my scalp. The fact that I'm shedding miniaturized has me really worried. DHT might be shrinking my follicles back (toss up a prayer that these mini hairs are just vellus hairs from the minoxidil and they'll grow back strong). If anyone could just give me a lil reassurance that things will balance out these shedding cycles are messing with me. I caught it kind of early but now it seems like I'm quickly trending in the wrong direction. I'm really scared my male pattern baldness genes will overpower the finasteride. Toss up a prayer to out lord and savior Doctor Brotzu may he bless us with the cure.