Need Some Real Talk Re My Hairline / Fivehead

Paranoidgit

My Regimen
Reaction score
Will keep it brief - started growing my hair out a while ago. Got to the stage where I could tie it up and I suddenly thought, bloody hell, your forehead's a bit big for this look. Am 22 y/o, not sure if that's relevant or not.

Signs of receding?

A *lot* of receded / bald men on my mother's side of the family, dad's side is the polar opposite.

TIA!

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 259
  • FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 288
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_3467.JPG
    IMG_3467.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 205

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are Norwood 2, and it seems like your vertex in danger.

Paranoidgit

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are Norwood 2, and it seems like your vertex in danger.

Thanks for the input! In that case I will grow it out for a few more months, enjoy the glory days, get a picture of me with long hair and go back to the buzzcut! :D

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the input! In that case I will grow it out for a few more months, enjoy the glory days, get a picture of me with long hair and go back to the buzzcut! :D

It's very drastic measure in your case. You have a good amount of hair right now and you can maintain it for a long time. But you need some medical treatment for that. You can use finasteride or dutasteride or both at the same time. I think that will be enough to stop your hairloss on its tracks and maybe you will get some regrowth after 6 month or 1 year. There are minor probabilities of adverse effects with these drugs: finasteride is less effective but approved by FDA, dutasteride is much stronger but aprroved for treating male pattern baldness only in South Korea as I heard.

You can also use topical solutions if you want: RU-58841 — experimental topical anti-androgen that kills DHT in your scalp. With RU you can regrow your hairline for some extent. Personally I don't know whether it possible or not, I didn't use it, but there are some reports that it works great. Minoxidil also can regrow your hair but mainly on crown, as I know. For temples it works not often.

Last edited: