Need Some Opionions From Experienced Users, Avodart Or Stick With Finasteride?

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on Finasteride for about four years. For three of the four years, Finasteride worked great for my hair, and I had excellent regrowth and thickening. About a year year and a half ago the effects of Finasteride or my follicle sensitivity to DHT increased, and I am now losing hair at a steady rate. In other words, my hair loss is becoming worse and worse after each month. I never experienced any side effects from Finasteride, no gyno or erectile dysfunction. The only thing I notice lately is a decrease in libido, but this might be due to being very busy and having a lot on my mind
(constant stress). I am also never around girls at the moment, however, I am able to gain an erection with visual stimuli and no decrease in ejaculation, Btw I am 24 years old. I never really wake up with morning wood but have caught myself with slight erections during the night. When I search dutasteride and compare it to Finasteride about 3 - 15% of males develop erectile dysfunction and 3% develop gyno. I also believe that with finasteride most can stop and side effects will disappear, however with Avodart a small number of men like 1% never see the sides of Avodart go away after stopping. I am seriously thinking about Avodart but would love to keep my hair and manhood. This sounds like a getting your cake and eating it to situation which seems to never work in life lol. With my info what do you guys with experience using dutasteride or switching from finasteride to dutasteride think? It would also be helpful if you could provide advice on a reputable pharmacy I could get it from seeing as how so many dermatologists in the US ( where I am ) don't want to prescribe the drug off-label for hair loss.

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on Finasteride for about four years. For three of the four years, Finasteride worked great for my hair, and I had excellent regrowth and thickening. About a year year and a half ago the effects of Finasteride or my follicle sensitivity to DHT increased, and I am now losing hair at a steady rate. In other words, my hair loss is becoming worse and worse after each month. I never experienced any side effects from Finasteride, no gyno or erectile dysfunction. The only thing I notice lately is a decrease in libido, but this might be due to being very busy and having a lot on my mind
(constant stress). I am also never around girls at the moment, however, I am able to gain an erection with visual stimuli and no decrease in ejaculation, Btw I am 24 years old. I never really wake up with morning wood but have caught myself with slight erections during the night. When I search dutasteride and compare it to Finasteride about 3 - 15% of males develop erectile dysfunction and 3% develop gyno. I also believe that with finasteride most can stop and side effects will disappear, however with Avodart a small number of men like 1% never see the sides of Avodart go away after stopping. I am seriously thinking about Avodart but would love to keep my hair and manhood. This sounds like a getting your cake and eating it to situation which seems to never work in life lol. With my info what do you guys with experience using dutasteride or switching from finasteride to dutasteride think? It would also be helpful if you could provide advice on a reputable pharmacy I could get it from seeing as how so many dermatologists in the US ( where I am ) don't want to prescribe the drug off-label for hair loss.
I would give avodart a go but you probably won't get a boner as your thinking and worrying about it already. Can't remember the pharmacy everyone recommends on these forums maybe search on posts asking that question.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well then I will just stop thinking about it and do it my life will suck without hair anyway, I see you take 3 dutasteride's a week. Has it help your hair better than finasteride and have you noticed any sides. I plan on kicking down every dermatologist door I can find and ask for the prescription because I really can't trust something bought online. Eventually a derm has to prescribe it so I can at the least try it. Yeah think and worrying about it already well doctors by the way they sound must think it was created from black magic man.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If anyone sees this and knows of a doctor in or around Chicago that doesn't mind giving the prescription I would be grateful for a PM with a name.

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well then I will just stop thinking about it and do it my life will suck without hair anyway, I see you take 3 dutasteride's a week. Has it help your hair better than finasteride and have you noticed any sides. I plan on kicking down every dermatologist door I can find and ask for the prescription because I really can't trust something bought online. Eventually a derm has to prescribe it so I can at the least try it. Yeah think and worrying about it already well doctors by the way they sound must think it was created from black magic man.

Must be going on 10 weeks now on avodart. No sides and no difference in my hair ( temples). I think my temples are slowly going backwards still. Had my hair checked under scope and temples and back and sides are showing signs of miniaturisation. Top is looking good.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Must be going on 10 weeks now on avodart. No sides and no difference in my hair ( temples). I think my temples are slowly going backwards still. Had my hair checked under scope and temples and back and sides are showing signs of miniaturisation. Top is looking good.

So you have been on avodart for about 2.5 months and you were on finasteride before?Do you notice and increase or decrease in shedding at all?

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you have been on avodart for about 2.5 months and you were on finasteride before?Do you notice and increase or decrease in shedding at all?
I'm taking finasteride eod as well as avodart eod. Mmmm I seemed to shed a bit more about a month back but nothing major.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I am asking because when I first started finasteride I stopped noticing hair loss at about 2-3 months in. If it works for you then maybe any day now you will stop losing and start gaining.