Need Some Help With My System In Ma

Ncamp12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im hoping someone can help me out. I’ve had a hair integration for two years and as much as I love having my hair back, there are a few drawbacks and I’m wondering if anyone has suggestions for other systems, and where to go in Massachusetts...

My system is basically a lace cap that literally sits on top of my regular/thin hair on top. It gets tied on to small bits of my real hair all around the perimeter of my head, and sits a little back from my natural hairline in front, so it’s hard to detect.

Originally I loved it because there was no glue involved, I didn’t have to shave my head, and I just need to go back every four weeks to get it removed and reattached. However, it’s really expensive and I’m spending over 10K a year! Also, my real hair slides out of the spots where it’s tied/secured to the cap, and it starts to float on my head after about two weeks. Which sucks and makes me really self conscious.

So, here are my questions:
1) Each system is human hair and costs 5K; each monthly. Is it is $400. Is that crazy expensive, or is it just me?
2) Is it just better to bite the bullet and shave the top of my head and attach with glue, to avoid the floating around after a few weeks?
4) What are typical prices for a high quality human hair system, cut in, and maintenance?
3) Any suggestions on good places to go in the Boston area?

Thanks so much in advance for any help you guys can provide.

Rick

Noah

Reaction score
Wow, that is expensive. I can understand the attraction of not buzzing your hair, but the attachment method you are using is rather old-fashioned now (no offence I hope). It dates from a time when the adhesives available were a lot less strong than they are now, and presumably guys felt more secure with their systems tied into their natural hair. But it is now thought to cause traction alopecia in the medium to long term, and of course the system gets loose as the anchor hair grows out, which rather defeats the object. Definitely glue and/or tape are the way to go now.

To answer your questions:

1. Definitely at the top end of the range I have heard of.

2. In a word, yes.

4. My sense is that the going rate for a lace system from a salon in the US is around $800 - 1500. Maintenance visits maybe $50 - 80. Admittedly, the process they do for you, with the braiding etc, is a lot more complicated than maintenance of a system attached with adhesives.

3. I will PM you some suggestions.

Noah