need some advice

_undead_

Reaction score
hairhoper said:
minoxidil is really the best bet as it's the most reliable and most easily sourced. Sorry to hear about the wrinkly skin, that kinda sucks. Are you on liquid or foam?

Bimatoprost is theoretically as good if not slightly better than minoxidil, but hard to obtain and prepare (you'd need to order pure bim powder from a chemical company and make your own solution to get a useful concentration). Check out the experimental forum.

Anecdotally (from these forums) Tricomin is considered to be fairly useless as a growth stimulant. The AHK-Cu it contains did well in studies but Tricomin supposedly contains such a low concentration that it's ineffective. I believe some people still use it because they like how it feels and think it helps their scalp health. Personally I wouldn't waste my cash because it's stupidly expensive. :dunno:

using rogaine foam. does that matter?

ill check out the forum.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I personally like the foam much better, most people do. I have never got wrinkles from it or any side effect for that matter but everyone reacts differently.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hairhoper said:
But Ripple ... so ... why did you just feel the need to deliberately misquote my minoxidil advice. Who does that! I did not say it would return to how it was before it started. I said:

you can stop whenever you want and your hair will simply catch up to where it would have been had you never used the stuff.

Very different. How helpful of you to try and spin my advice (the only useful advice in this thread so far) to try and attack me. What a wonderful example of a forumgoer you are.

hairhoper said:
Also the idea you 'have to take it for life' is a bit of a myth, you can stop whenever you want and your hair will simply catch up to where it would have been had you never used the stuff.

I wonder why you cut off the "have to take it for life is a myth" quote? That is what made me believe you were telling people that your hair "would simply return to "pre-minoxidil state." So if this is your true reasoning then why do you call the "have to take for life" statement a "myth?" This is basically the reason why you have to take it for life, so your hair will not return back to it's normal balding state. This is also why it is not a "myth," and you are clearly contradicting yourself.

I am also not attacking you. I'm sorry you see it that way, but it is simply not true. Maybe if you calm down a little the world wouldn't seem like a place where a bunch of people are trying to attack you. I am just letting people know what I believe and know it true. How can you beat hair loss if I didn't let you know the truth? In this case that is dairy exacerbates hair loss, caffeine stunts hair loss, & minoxidil usage for life is not a myth. Now you have three weapons of knowledge at your disposal to help you along your way. Good luck.

-----------------------------------
hairhoper highlights:
hairhoper said:
Cue freakout with his usual dairy bullshit.
hairhoper said:
Guess what, a lot of people drink milk, there's no f****ing way you're ever going to be able to draw any conclusions by asking every poster who comes here if they drink milk or not so give us all a break.
hairhoper said:
Spare me the childish conspiracy theory sh*t
hairhoper said:
Oh noes please don't threaten us with what further crap you might add to your already bullshit-filled signature.
hairhoper said:
For you Freakout... there are no words. You're completely insane.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
_undead_ said:
i always apply to a wet scalp tho. could this mean more is being absorbed and going systemic?

I'm not an advocate of Rogaine, but to answer your question you are not supposed to be applying it to wet hair. That is probably why you are experiencing wrinkles.

"Can I apply ROGAINE® to wet hair?

The people in our clinical studies were advised to completely dry their hair and scalp before applying ROGAINE®. However, that's not always possible. We suggest that you at least towel-dry your hair before applying ROGAINE®, so that your hair is no longer dripping.
"

This is in regards to liquid version. I assume it would be the same for the foam as well. It's best to apply after shower because of blood circulation in the scalp, but it should be on towel dried hair.

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hairhopper said:
Guess what, a lot of people drink milk, there's no f****ing way you're ever going to be able to draw any conclusions by asking every poster who comes here if they drink milk or not so give us all a break.
YOU'RE TRYING TO PUT A SMOKE SCREEN ON THE STUDY THAT LINKS MILK WITH PROSTATE CANCER regardless if men die of cancer.

YOU'RE also TRYING TO PUT A SMOKE SCREEN ON THE STUDY THAT LINKS male pattern baldness WITH PROSTATE CANCER

YOU ARE A MERCK DRONE supporting the sales of PROSCAR while pretending to be a minoxidil user.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol. Nutcase.

Ripple quit with the wind-up act. My original post was clear enough, despite your hearty attempts to twist it, nobody with half a brain would interpret it the way you're trying to make out. But you know that.

Thanks for the 'me talking to freakout' highlights though, what a lot of effort you've gone to there. I think the points I'm making are just about spot on given the level of nonsense he's spewing into every thread, or do you agree with his post above me too? :jackit:

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Of course ripple-effect agrees with my post. About four Merck drones are responsible for creating hostilities in hair forums.

The only hair sites you can't penetrate are scam sites. That's why they're thriving.