need some advice

_undead_

Reaction score
so ive been on minoxidil and finasteride for the past 3 months or so. ive gone through a minoxidil shed and i havent really had any sides. i am now wondering if i should continue using minoxidil since ill have to stay on for pretty much ever. ive got diffuse thinning all over my head and a bit of recession at the temples. i havent really noticed much regrowth yet.

the only thing thats worrying me is that ive noticed small hairs growing all over my forehead since i started using the minoxidil and my forehead has a ton of wrinkles now. its not noticeable unless you look real close but im worried it will get worse. ive only been on the minoxidil for 3 months. will i lose more hair if i stop now?

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Since starting minoxidil, was ther ever a day when you stopped applying it? Did you switch brands between those times? Do you drink milk? If so, how much? thanks!

_undead_

Reaction score
freakout said:
Since starting minoxidil, was ther ever a day when you stopped applying it? Did you switch brands between those times? Do you drink milk? If so, how much? thanks!

hmm. i sense sarcasm in this post.

idk maybe im just being paranoid but there are a ton of people who seem to think its giving them wrinkles. im not getting any facial bloating or heart palpitations. i just dont wanna look 40 when im 20.

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sorry for giving the wrong impression. I'm quite serious about my questions - I am collecting data. I rwish I can have the data without having to cite the study about milk or dairy consumption.

_undead_

Reaction score
oh. ok. which study are you talking about with dairy and hair loss?

the past few months i havent been drinking much milk and i dont eat any cheese anyway. ive started drinking more milk again now though.

since ive started there have been maybe 5 days where i applied only once instead of twice a day. ive gone maybe one day without applying in this time. i havent switched brands either. been using 5% rogaine since the start.

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

I'm trying to figure out why people shed. It doesn't make sense to me so it has got to have a reason. So i'm thinking skipping the application, in particular, of Rogaine may have something to do with it. I'm suggesting that we don't mess it up by skipping and see if shedding will stop.

If I were you, I'd stop dairy cold turkey. Drink lots of tea and/or coffee in addition to your regimen.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lol. Cue freakout with his usual dairy bullshit. Guess what, a lot of people drink milk, there's no f*****g way you're ever going to be able to draw any conclusions by asking every poster who comes here if they drink milk or not so give us all a break.

To answer the actual OP the thing with minoxidil is, even if it causes sheds (though I've personally never experienced them) it is still your best option when it comes to growth stimulants as it's proven to work and pretty damn safe.

Most people feel they really have nothing to lose in trying it for a good period. If you don't give it a good shot you could be left wondering what would have happened if you'd stuck with it.

The time to stop is if you hair continually gets worse on it, that's what the instructions say.

The only other practical reason I can see for a shed (apart from what the instructions say) is basically growing your hair out, making it harder to apply the minoxidil. I've seen a few posters who seem to get great results with their hair cut really short or buzzed and then have a big shed once they start growing it out which has often made me wonder if it's for this simple reason.

Also the idea you 'have to take it for life' is a bit of a myth, you can stop whenever you want and your hair will simply catch up to where it would have been had you never used the stuff.

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
_undead_, ask thiis thug if he's telling you to drink/eat milk/dairy so I can put out the studies.

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the op would rather not have his thread hijacked with another argument.

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks Thom. If this Merck Drone doesn't quit, i'll add this line to my signiture

"Finasteride will turn you into an old man"

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Oh noes please don't threaten us with what further crap you might add to your already bullshit-filled signature.

Spare me the childish conspiracy theory sh*t, it truly is the last resort of the desperate. Sure I work for Merck that's why the one thread I've started on the subject was recommending people see their doctors for GENERIC finasteride and I've never once recommended Propecia/Proscar, in fact I've slagged them for being a rip-off.

You've already revealed you're the one here with an agenda, pushing some bullshit book. There's a saying about glass houses I believe.

This is hairlosstalk not make-up-your-own-retarded-thought-experiment-theory-about-everyday-foodstuffs-and-quiz-everyone-that-comes-on-here-about-it-talk.

I'd love to see your study results, I can't wait to see the caliber of science involved. I can't remember the last time I read a study where the data was gathered 'by randomly questioning anonymous forum-goers whether they consume one of the most popular food types in the western world'. GENIUS.

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Look at my new signature! Say thanks to a Merck Drone, hairhopper. It's funny how this thug added minoxidil to his regimen after I brought out my suspicion.

Merck Drone = people who deny the link between milk and prostate cancer; those who promote milk/dairy consumption.

cristi2011

Established Member
Reaction score
freakout said:
Thanks!

I'm trying to figure out why people shed. It doesn't make sense to me so it has got to have a reason. So i'm thinking skipping the application, in particular, of Rogaine may have something to do with it. I'm suggesting that we don't mess it up by skipping and see if shedding will stop.

If I were you, I'd stop dairy cold turkey. Drink lots of tea and/or coffee in addition to your regimen.

Be serious, milk doesn't have any connection with hair loss.
On the other way, what you say with drinking lots of cofee is extremely wrong. Cofee is bad for those with hair loss problems! It raises DHT and stress hormones(cortisol, etc). And there are studies on this, no bullshit theories from someone who promotes a stupid book!
Freakout, you should be banned for the nonsense and rubbish you write here...
Looking at such an advice "drink lots of cofee" and such a question "do you drink milk" leads one to think that you're making fun of people here...

Oh, and i've read the bullshit in your signature! You say that what is bad for prostate is bad for hair. Thank you very much, this is true: DHT is bad for prostate and also for hair, that's why FINASTERIDE works!

Oh, and thank god you erased those stupidities about genetics from your signature!
And i see you have a problem with Merck company. What have they done to you? They fired you? :))

cristi2011

Established Member
Reaction score
hairhoper said:
Oh noes please don't threaten us with what further crap you might add to your already bullshit-filled signature.

Spare me the childish conspiracy theory sh*t, it truly is the last resort of the desperate. Sure I work for Merck that's why the one thread I've started on the subject was recommending people see their doctors for GENERIC finasteride and I've never once recommended Propecia/Proscar, in fact I've slagged them for being a rip-off.

You've already revealed you're the one here with an agenda, pushing some bullshit book. There's a saying about glass houses I believe.

This is hairlosstalk not make-up-your-own-retarded-thought-experiment-theory-about-everyday-foodstuffs-and-quiz-everyone-that-comes-on-here-about-it-talk.

I'd love to see your study results, I can't wait to see the caliber of science involved. I can't remember the last time I read a study where the data was gathered 'by randomly questioning anonymous forum-goers whether they consume one of the most popular food types in the western world'. GENIUS.

You're perfectly right. The lunatic should be banned! He is simply crazy with all the nonsense he says. And the bigger problem is that he poses in someone who'se trying to help, that is really dangerous. People may even believe him, with his wrong advices such "stop drinking milk and drink a lot of cofee".

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry hairhoper and bg, but you guys are wrong. Freakout is right. Although milk is not the cause of hair loss it can actually exacerbate the problem. Dairy has been shown to increase DHT production in the body. It's not the end of the world if you don't drink dairy. You can obtain the nutrients that are contained in these foods by other means.

I believe the reason freakout encourages people to drink coffee is because caffeine has been proven to stunt hair loss. The only problem with drinking coffee is that very minimal amounts actually reach the scalp. This is why he emphasizes to "drink lots." I would emphasize using a topical with caffeine contained in it.

These are things I would recommend if you want to maximize the effectiveness of treatment, but not to stop the problem all by itself. So I wouldn't go around saying to stop drinking milk and start drinking coffee. That may have some effect but will not stop the problem on it's own.

I would not take the advice of hairhoper. He does not know what he is talking about especially after he said you do not have to use minoxidil for life. That is wrong. Your hair will not return to the state it was in prior to using minoxidil. Your real hair continue to die off while minoxidil generates fake minoxidil hairs as long as it is able. It has also been shown that minoxidil continues to lose effectiveness with time. You can maximize it's effectiveness by using it with a DHT inhibitor.

To hairhoper: You really need to chill out bro instead of going from thread to thread screaming your senseless points. We are here to help one another and not to bash each other.

freakout

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thank you _undead_ and ripple-effect.

I believe there are Merck Drones scouring the internet. Once the ill effects of milk gets out to more people, Proscar sales could drop.

It's useless to argue with him/them. hairhopper and bgd07 maybe the same guy. Their IP history should be checked.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For you Freakout... there are no words. You're completely insane.

cow3.jpg

But Ripple ... so ... why did you just feel the need to deliberately misquote my minoxidil advice. Who does that! I did not say it would return to how it was before it started. I said:

you can stop whenever you want and your hair will simply catch up to where it would have been had you never used the stuff.

Very different. How helpful of you to try and spin my advice (the only useful advice in this thread so far) to try and attack me. What a wonderful example of a forumgoer you are.

_undead_

Reaction score
well i think im gonna stop with the minoxidil. i really dont want to get my face all wrinkled and sh*t. im gonna go on using the finasteride and a keto shampoo. i still have plenty of hair but its just a bit thinner and looks bad if its wet.

are there any other good growth stimulants? ive been using tricomin for a while and i dont think its doing much. ive been hearing about bimotoplast as well.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
minoxidil is really the best bet as it's the most reliable and most easily sourced. Sorry to hear about the wrinkly skin, that kinda sucks. Are you on liquid or foam?

Bimatoprost is theoretically as good if not slightly better than minoxidil, but hard to obtain and prepare (you'd need to order pure bim powder from a chemical company and make your own solution to get a useful concentration). Check out the experimental forum.

Anecdotally (from these forums) Tricomin is considered to be fairly useless as a growth stimulant. The AHK-Cu it contains did well in studies but Tricomin supposedly contains such a low concentration that it's ineffective. I believe some people still use it because they like how it feels and think it helps their scalp health. Personally I wouldn't waste my cash because it's stupidly expensive. :dunno: