Need Help With Uts And Injected Thin Skin Units

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently started using UTS(3 weeks) then Injected thin skin unit and when I touch the hair I feel and it sounds like rubbing a plastic bag.

Also after 1 week my hairpiece started moving to the sides and coming forward and the glue is leaking from the sides and back, I went to a stylist for the installation and cut in, he says it's normal for the UTS units it is really annoying. Please suggest the fix or is this really normal? The stylist used glue and tapes in the side

Noah

Reaction score
The plastic bag noise is normal, unfortunately, and the solution is to make sure the base is attached over its whole surface - if it is glued to your skin it won't do that; only if it is loose.

The shifting and the leaking glue is not normal, of course. Do you know what adhesive your stylist is using? It sounds like you need to change it.

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The plastic bag noise is normal, unfortunately, and the solution is to make sure the base is attached over its whole surface - if it is glued to your skin it won't do that; only if it is loose.

The shifting and the leaking glue is not normal, of course. Do you know what adhesive your stylist is using? It sounds like you need to change it.

Thanks for the reply Noah, will find out the glue, usually what type of glue is preferred for skin units? so the unit doesn't move and the glue doesn't leak?

So the plastic bag noise is normal , if I switch it to lace will it help? or the lace also have that sound ?

Noah

Reaction score
Any of the water-based glued are fine. You could try Ghostbond, or Davlyn. Those are both popular choices. Some guys even just use a strong hairgel such as Got2BGlued as an adhesive.

Lace doesn't have the issue with the plastic bag noise.

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks also can we sleep with the hair system on normal pillows? the skin piece is having wrinkles and becoming loose when I sleep, this might be the issue with my glue? maybe not tight enough to hold the system onto my skin

Noah

Reaction score
Yes, you can sleep on normal pillows, for sure. Some guys use a silk or satin pillow case, because there is less friction on the hair. I don't personally. I'm sure it's a good idea, but it's a bit odd for a single 30-y.o guy to have silk pillows cases LOL.

It definitely sounds like your adhesive is not right for you if it is allowing your system to shift around after one week of wear.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wear a UTS and only have the 'plastic bag' problem when the glue needs to be replaced, i.e. the system needs a clean up and re-fit.

As Noah says, it's the glue that doesn't suit you. Try one of the white glues like Ghost Bond, and maybe try a scalp protector before you apply the glue. Scalp protectors stop sweat on your scalp, and so make the glue last longer.

Also I wonder, as this is a new system, maybe the salon didn't wash the base properly so it might have silicone on it, which would make the glue slip off quicker. Or maybe they didn't prep your scalp properly.

I also sleep with my system on and don't have the issues you're mentioning. It's simply a case of the system not being stuck on your head properly.

UTS is very easy to maintain yourself. Take some time to watch videos and read up. Once you get this right, it will all become a lot easier and better.

Manny007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wear a UTS and only have the 'plastic bag' problem when the glue needs to be replaced, i.e. the system needs a clean up and re-fit.

As Noah says, it's the glue that doesn't suit you. Try one of the white glues like Ghost Bond, and maybe try a scalp protector before you apply the glue. Scalp protectors stop sweat on your scalp, and so make the glue last longer.

Also I wonder, as this is a new system, maybe the salon didn't wash the base properly so it might have silicone on it, which would make the glue slip off quicker. Or maybe they didn't prep your scalp properly.

I also sleep with my system on and don't have the issues you're mentioning. It's simply a case of the system not being stuck on your head properly.

UTS is very easy to maintain yourself. Take some time to watch videos and read up. Once you get this right, it will all become a lot easier and better.

Thanks for the suggestion, the salon is expensive, I am paying 90$+Tip for the maintenance and still the system is not holding tight to my scalp , I will start doing it myself slowly ,