Need help with sensitive scalp wig/toupee

Flint74

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I have hair on back and sides (thinning) and some on top but I am also suffering from an extremely sensitive scalp and flare ups of psoriasis which make using tapes and glue problematic.

can anyone point me in the direction of men’s toupee/wig companies that specialize in those with sensitive scalp conditions? It’s just frustrating there is not an easier way to find help.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
So I have hair on back and sides (thinning) and some on top but I am also suffering from an extremely sensitive scalp and flare ups of psoriasis which make using tapes and glue problematic.

can anyone point me in the direction of men’s toupee/wig companies that specialize in those with sensitive scalp conditions? It’s just frustrating there is not an easier way to find help.
You need to see a dermatologist.

Last edited:

Cruise21

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are milder tape / adhesives meant for daily wear that you could try. This means you take it off every night but not sleeping in the piece (and avoiding lots of harsh solvents to remove a gooey mess) will extend the life of the piece.

Flint74

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are milder tape / adhesives meant for daily wear that you could try. This means you take it off every night but not sleeping in the piece (and avoiding lots of harsh solvents to remove a gooey mess) will extend the life of the piece.
Thanks.

Flint74

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any company here in the US that deals with this? All I see are references to things like Lordhair and overseas ordering companies.

thanks

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any company here in the US that deals with this? All I see are references to things like Lordhair and overseas ordering companies.

thanks
Deals with selling hair systems? Northwest lace, toplace, and MHE are in the us. However, overseas shipping is usually 3 days, for me.

Last edited:

Flint74

My Regimen
Reaction score
Deals with selling hair systems? Northwest lace, toplace, and MHE are in the us. However, overseas shipping is usually 3 days, for me.
Thanks it’s interesting that Norwood lace says in its site no custom or full cap ordering

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am also suffering from an extremely sensitive scalp and flare ups of psoriasis which make using tapes and glue problematic.

By far the gentlest thing I've used as a wig adhesive is Got2B glued, which is not actually a glue but rather strong hair gel. Unfortunately, it's also the least reliable as it's not at all resistant to sweat.

The other products I've used, which include most of the short term/daily wear adhesives on the market, have caused me some amount of skin irritation, even if it's very mild, infrequent, or otherwise quite tolerable. Some are def worse than others.

can anyone point me in the direction of men’s toupee/wig companies that specialize in those with sensitive scalp conditions?

afaik, there are none. i wouldn't necessarily know, though.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you might consider using wig clips instead of adhesives, that would be limiting in some ways but it's an option.

Flint74

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah the wig clips would be great except the damn sensitivity on my scalp makes pulling othe hairs incredibly painful.

can I ask has anyone had experience with hand tied monofilament bases? There seems to be a number of those offered for sensitive male scalp (and women) wearers. Or do they just look awful? They seem to be tied in the back (?) and maybe like a lace front or such. They are advertised for people with sensitive scalp etc

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah the wig clips would be great except the damn sensitivity on my scalp makes pulling othe hairs incredibly painful.

can I ask has anyone had experience with hand tied monofilament bases? There seems to be a number of those offered for sensitive male scalp (and women) wearers. Or do they just look awful? They seem to be tied in the back (?) and maybe like a lace front or such. They are advertised for people with sensitive scalp etc
I've never used mono....but, my understanding is that it's very coarse... almost like a window screen...the opposite of what you'd want

notsohairymon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The salon I go to only does hair replacement (i.e. not regular salon that happens to also do replacement) and specializes in sensitive scalps (I somewhat have one). If you live in the NYC area (particularly north of the City) private message me and I'll tell you where.