Need Help Understanding Miniaturised Hair

Gary Ferguson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hi guys, so I’ve been on finasteride for three months and I’m going through a huge shed, the hairs I’m shedding are generally small in length with a thin diameter or they are long and thick but with a thinner diameter at the base of the hair. Are these longer hairs terminal or miniaturising as they have a smaller diameter at the base? I’d appreciate any help from you guys as this whole thing is causing a lot of stress, don’t want to be a bad responder to finasteride.
Thank you in advance

Edit-I also had an itch in my crown and temples but that has subsided and disappeared so I’m wondering if that’s a good or bad sign

Last edited:

Argloss

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used finasteride for 3 months, shedding, diffuse loss and itch. Crazy thing, finally decide to give up on this. Today was one month than I quit and still shedding and have a lot of itch. Never have this before finas, so, I really don't understand. I Was started the tratement for receding temples, now it's a mess.

Good luck!

Gary Ferguson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used finasteride for 3 months, shedding, diffuse loss and itch. Crazy thing, finally decide to give up on this. Today was one month than I quit and still shedding and have a lot of itch. Never have this before finas, so, I really don't understand. I Was started the tratement for receding temples, now it's a mess.

Good luck!
I had an itch around my shedding areas as well but that seems to have disappeared entirely for me, which I’m hoping is a good sign. But thanks mate, good luck to you to