Need help. The first stage of androgenic alopecia

AlexCross

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am from Ukraine and my English is not very good.

Not so long ago I found out that I have androgenic alopecia. The trichologist gave me diagnosed with the first stage of androgenic alopecia and prescribed dietary supplements (vitamins for hairs "now solutions vegan") and minoxidil.
Returning home in tears) I began to study all kinds of drugs that help stop the progression of baldness. Unfortunately, I discovered that there are no new developments, and all that helps is minoxidil, finasteride and duasteride, which have a huge number of side effects. But I decided that I would take the risk and still take finasteride (which, judging by the comments, can help if I'm lucky). When I returned to the doctor a week later, I asked to prescribe finasteride for me. But I heard a lot of strange things.
- The doctor assured me that minoxidil can help not only while taking it, but even stop alopecia.
- The doctor said that minoxidil place blocks 5-alpha reductase. What seems to me a lie.
- Instead of taking finasteride, she advised me dietary supplements: Advanced Trichology DHT Blocker

Therefore, I ask you to help me with advice and information:
1) Is it true that minoxidil blocks topically 5-alpha-reductase. What did I not know?
2) Does Advanced Trichology DHT Blocker Help? Who used it? Perhaps this is not a bad drug in the early stages of treatment?
3) Should I take finasteride or even duasteride? I'm not so bad yet, but I'm really afraid of even the second stage.

infamousrodi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil doesn’t block sh*t it’s just a growth stimulant if you want to stop progression start taking finasteride it might be all you need if you’re lucky responder

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are reports of certain generics not being as effective in your hair. I myself got fucked with a generic, there is the possibility that it was all in my mind or the drug was identical to any other, however I reject this idea.

If you are struggling financially then try your luck with a cheap one but if you can afford it I'd play it safe with the official drug...

Your doctor is an opportunist. And you need to learn about hairloss enough so you're not taken advantage of. Do not buy his supplements lol.
exactly, supplement = bullshit
supplements are nice when you're not impact by Androgenetic Alopecia, it is nice for a normal hair, not for Androgenetic Alopecia

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. I will say no, even if there is a rumour that it can potentially block some 5ar, when this is stated is with insinuation that you may not need not need finasteride or dutasteride, which is simply wrong to compare their efficacy.

2. It's a scam.

3. Taking finasteride or dutasteride is your decision. Learn about potential risks and benefits and make your choice. I personally take dutasteride and there are not many things I am afraid of taking lol.
i take minoxidil oral, fina and duta too, i think it is the best decision when it is aggresive

AlexCross

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are reports of certain generics not being as effective in your hair. I myself got fucked with a generic, there is the possibility that it was all in my mind or the drug was identical to any other, however I reject this idea.

If you are struggling financially then try your luck with a cheap one but if you can afford it I'd play it safe with the official drug...

Your doctor is an opportunist. And you need to learn about hairloss enough so you're not taken advantage of. Do not buy his supplements lol.
But are finasteride and minoxidil very expensive drugs, because of which I should experience financial difficulties?

AlexCross

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. I will say no, even if there is a rumour that it can potentially block some 5ar, when this is stated is with insinuation that you may not need not need finasteride or dutasteride, which is simply wrong to compare their efficacy.

2. It's a scam.

3. Taking finasteride or dutasteride is your decision. Learn about potential risks and benefits and make your choice. I personally take dutasteride and there are not many things I am afraid of taking lol.
I just want you or someone else on this forum to share your experience. let's say I will take finasteride. morally I'm ready for this. even if it doesn't suit me, I can leave it. but I do not know how to drink it correctly. I heard that many people divide the pill into 4, 8 and even 16 parts. Should I drink a whole pill?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
1) I wouldn’t bother using minoxidil . It can really mess up your hair cycle and you become a prisoner to applying a topical twice a day which is a nightmare . Also it doesn’t block 5ar

2) start finasteride. I advise you start with 0.5mg a day to see if you notice side effects . If after 2 months you have no side effects then move to 1mg and again reevaluate side effects . You will likely shed hair when you start finasteride but that for most people is normal. There are many generic finasteride brands so it should be cheap no matter where you live

MrSnow

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1) I wouldn’t bother using minoxidil . It can really mess up your hair cycle and you become a prisoner to applying a topical twice a day which is a nightmare . Also it doesn’t block 5ar

2) start finasteride. I advise you start with 0.5mg a day to see if you notice side effects . If after 2 months you have no side effects then move to 1mg and again reevaluate side effects . You will likely shed hair when you start finasteride but that for most people is normal. There are many generic finasteride brands so it should be cheap no matter where you live
drink minoxidil

AlexCross

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what I recall people believe that they can divide the kill into multiple parts because that little dose is similar to the level of DHT inhibition achieved if they were to take the whole pill. However I don't know if this is truth as I've never looked into it.

If you consider yourself to be a potential particularly vulnerable individual to side effects then consider trying the small dose... however if it was me I would take the whole pill.
And the last thing. Finasteride for hair is not sold in my country. Only for the prostate gland. But I'm not sure if this will work for me. Perhaps the chemical composition is very different there.
Can you give a link to some online store or pharmacy, where finasteride would be sold with delivery in Europe? But the propecia does not suit me, it is really very expensive) Can you or someone else have a link to buy finpecia or another generic?

Please help

AlexCross

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

1) I thought that minoxidil + finasteride would give the maximum effect. Isn't this the best way to combat hair loss today?

2) Thanks for the information. As soon as I manage to buy Finasteriade, I will start taking it at 0.5

AlexCross

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ask around or search posts to see which specific brand generic has been giving people results or seems legit that is affordable to your budget. I cannot recommend anything as I didn't use Finasteride.
Well, the finpecia be not a bad option. But I cannot find a resource where to place an order. It looks like I'll have to create a separate topic for this question -_-

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
1) I thought that minoxidil + finasteride would give the maximum effect. Isn't this the best way to combat hair loss today?

2) Thanks for the information. As soon as I manage to buy Finasteriade, I will start taking it at 0.5
You’re right in saying that minoxidil and finasteride are the better combination but in reality minoxidil gains are short lived and if you ever want to come off from applying twice a day / just get a bit lazy you will have one hell of a depressing shed so personally I would stick to building up to the 1mg finasteride dose and see how you get on with that.

Micky_007

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am from Ukraine and my English is not very good.

Not so long ago I found out that I have androgenic alopecia. The trichologist gave me diagnosed with the first stage of androgenic alopecia and prescribed dietary supplements (vitamins for hairs "now solutions vegan") and minoxidil.
Returning home in tears) I began to study all kinds of drugs that help stop the progression of baldness. Unfortunately, I discovered that there are no new developments, and all that helps is minoxidil, finasteride and duasteride, which have a huge number of side effects. But I decided that I would take the risk and still take finasteride (which, judging by the comments, can help if I'm lucky). When I returned to the doctor a week later, I asked to prescribe finasteride for me. But I heard a lot of strange things.
- The doctor assured me that minoxidil can help not only while taking it, but even stop alopecia.
- The doctor said that minoxidil place blocks 5-alpha reductase. What seems to me a lie.
- Instead of taking finasteride, she advised me dietary supplements: Advanced Trichology DHT Blocker

Therefore, I ask you to help me with advice and information:
1) Is it true that minoxidil blocks topically 5-alpha-reductase. What did I not know?
2) Does Advanced Trichology DHT Blocker Help? Who used it? Perhaps this is not a bad drug in the early stages of treatment?
3) Should I take finasteride or even duasteride? I'm not so bad yet, but I'm really afraid of even the second stage.

Minoxidil on its own is usually weak, but using a Microneedling device once a week + Minoxidil topical Liquid is a whole lot more effective. Studies shown it was about 3 times more effective than Minoxidil alone.

Regarding DHT blockers or Finasteride/Dutasteride, I personally would recommend that you do not use those until you have tried Minoxidil + Microneedling for at least 6 months and are still losing hair/seeing no significant improvement or at least maintenance.

I say this because:

1) You said your hairloss is not so bad yet.
2) If you can avoid taking something that can very possibly cause negative side effects some of which could potentially be permanent, then you should.
3) People are talking about Minoxidil stopping working after stopping use of Minoxidil - to that I say, literally every non-surgical treatment we have will stop working after you stop treatment (including Finasteride/Dutasteride) - so might as well try the less dangerous treatments like Minoxidil + Microneedling.

Regarding vitamins, they are important, they won't stop your hairloss (unless the reason for your hairloss is primarily due to a vitamin deficiency) but it will help to strengthen hair and make it more healthy and grow faster. It's not a cure ofcourse but hair loss treatment requires a multi-faceted approach so making sure that you are taking all the essential vitamins are only a benefit. It's better to have it than not.

You can try Microneedling + Minoxidil 5% Topical Liquid for 6 months atleast, take your vitamins, do scalp massages (this doesn't stop hairloss but it does help with blood circulation to the hair follicles which is often overlooked) and also work out atleast 4 times a week, it also helps with getting blood circulation flowing everywhere and keeps your body running more efficiently.

If you don't see any maintenance atleast after 6 months, then you can consider using Finasteride if you decide to.

But hope is not gone, we're almost in 2022 and the company Kintor Pharmaceuticals should be releasing their drug called Pyrilutamide in 2023 which is said to be a more safe and effective alternative to the current hairloss treatments.

There's also quite a few treatments coming out not too long after that so it's not like you need to be thinking your current regimen for example Minoxidil + Microneedling needs to last you for even 5 years, when we are likely to see treatments in 2023/2024 like Pyrilutamide or Breezula, HairClone, etc.

You just need them to buy you about 3 to 4 years till Kintor Pharmaceuticals drug GT20029 comes out which is highly anticipated to be great treatment.

HairClone UK CEO said that they plan on starting treatment in their clinics and partner clinics in the UK early next year. That treatment supposedly will thicken and strengthen hair, provided there are still hairs and aren't too far gone which is quite interesting and a good step for maintenance whilst we wait for a cure.

But IMO, if we get treatments that provide solid maintenance + scarless surgery (verteporfin) + hair transplants = closest thing to a cure.

Last edited:

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil is a growth stimulant that doesn't treat the root cause. So unless you also take finasteride with it, it's essentially just putting a piece of tape over a leaky pipe, which will eventually burst