Need Help - Propecia (1 Week User)

neverlosehope

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello people,

I am 22 years old and was having hairloss so I decided to start finasteride. I would say I am NW2 right now. It's been a week and my hairloss seems to have reduced greatly (20-30 strands a day). The only side effect that I have experienced till now is low libido. I noticed I don't have morning wood anymore and if I ever do it's really weak. One more thing maybe that I don't have as much energy as I had before but maybe it's in my head because I have a hectic routine these days and just get tired.

A little bit history:
No one in my family is bald. Not on mom's side or dad's side. But I have been having hairloss since I was 13 and now my brother too. I had extremely dense and thick hair and it always grew back but after I was 18, I experienced receding of hairline. It was in the temples and my crown started thinning. It got to the point where it was visible at some points in a lighted room. Also, my hairloss included the eyelashes and eyebrows too. I grew a beard and then I was having hairloss in the beard too. So I looked into Alopecia Areata but now when I looked at the pattern of my hairloss and the recession of hairline, I was convinced it was male pattern baldness. Even though no one in my family has it. This is why I started finasteride and my hairloss decreased greatly over this week. But my eyelashes and eyebrows as well as beard hair still falling out.

Does anyone understand what this might be? Also, is it a good idea to continue using Propecia even though it lowers my libido? My hair is very important to me and I am not going to accept baldness without putting up a fight.

Thanks a lot for the time reading my post!! I would really appreciate your response.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You should go see a doctor and do some tests to find out if you have Androgenetic Alopecia or AA.

When you have Androgenetic Alopecia, you should decide for yourself: hair and low libido. Or no hair and high libido... For most there is now middle way.
I think you should stay at least 12 months on propecia. In some cases the libido goes up because you're body is stabilizing after using propecia.

neverlosehope

My Regimen
Reaction score
You should go see a doctor and do some tests to find out if you have Androgenetic Alopecia or AA.

When you have Androgenetic Alopecia, you should decide for yourself: hair and low libido. Or no hair and high libido... For most there is now middle way.
I think you should stay at least 12 months on propecia. In some cases the libido goes up because you're body is stabilizing after using propecia.

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

I will go for the tests but if it's Androgenetic Alopecia as I suspect, will continued use of propecia make the sides permanent?What I want to know is that if I get off it will my libido return?

One more thing, maybe it's my imagination after reading all these horror stories but I noticed today that my nipples are soft. Again, maybe it's in my head but is a gyno onset possible after just 1 week of propecia usage? Also, are there any symptoms I should watch out for that appear before gyno? how do I spot it before it's too late

Also, are you on finasteride? If so, how long have you been using it and did you get sides in the beginning? Thank you

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No, sides will go away when you stop taking propecia. Well sometimes...

When is first tried 1mg propecia i got low libido and watery sperm. I quit after 1 month and sides went away.

One year later i took 0.25mg. No libido but now i got breast pain/tenderness and hard nipples. I quit, breat tenderness went away but the puffy nipples remained. 2 months later i felt hard lumps behind my nipples (believe me, you know when you are developing gyno). I asked advice on bodybuilding forum and took nolvadex 6 weeks. Still puffy nipples but the lump is minimal. Nobody notices now...

So now i'm loosing hair and i am in doubt to go on propecia again and do gyno surgery when necesarry. Well, i made my choice yesterday and ordered 60 tablets. Will stary in few weeks. Rather have hair and a small scar then being bald.