Need Help Identifying male pattern baldness / Telogen Effluvium / Scalp Condition Or Other?

Alex!!xelA

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there, new to the forum, just wondered if someone could give me an opinion on my hair loos.

I'm 32 and I have started to lose my hair pretty fast. It all started after I started to get severe dandruff and what I can only really describe as a white mush of what I presume was skin from my scalp (which I also tried to remove with my fingernails which might have been a really bad Idea. Anyway a few months after that I started to notice a lot of hair loss which I have never experienced before.

I have always had really thick hair, so much so that I actually hated it for being an unstyleable beehive. I had never seen my hair come out in my hands or shower at any point before then. About 6-8 months later my hair feels very patchy with what I can only describe as thick ribbons of what my hair used to be like scattered all over my head with several patches at the back that feel almost flat. Now when I walk in the wind whole sections of my hair just fly into the air (which is obviously quite embarrassing making me look like some kind of mad scientist).

The white mushy stuff on my scalp seems to have gone away recently and now I only seem to be shedding very fine hairs from all areas of my head. My scalp now feels a bit like sand paper instead of soft and mushy like before.

I should also mention that my hair used to grow extremely fast, as in needing a new hair cut every month or two, whereas now after my last hair cut six months ago my hair has less volume that I did when I last had it cut.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Photo on 2017-08-18 at 15.24.jpg
    Photo on 2017-08-18 at 15.24.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 206
  • Photo on 2017-08-18 at 15.24 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2017-08-18 at 15.24 #2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 218
  • Photo on 2017-08-18 at 15.24 #3.jpg
    Photo on 2017-08-18 at 15.24 #3.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 222
  • Photo on 2017-08-18 at 15.25.jpg
    Photo on 2017-08-18 at 15.25.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 215
  • Photo on 2017-08-18 at 15.25 #2.jpg
    Photo on 2017-08-18 at 15.25 #2.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 219
  • Photo on 2017-08-18 at 15.38.jpg
    Photo on 2017-08-18 at 15.38.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

dunno

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Family history?

Looks like a receding hairline but you need more exposed photos.

Alex!!xelA

My Regimen
Reaction score
Family history?

Looks like a receding hairline but you need more exposed photos.

Thanks. I'll try to find someone to take better photos.

My family history is that my mothers father lost most of his hair in his 50's but my 3 uncles all have really good hair and they are now in their 50's. On my dads side, his father had very good hair until he died but my dads hair started to thin out badly when he was in his 40's.

I would be inclined to think that it is male pattern baldness aside from the fact that my hair loss is so patchy and sudden. Should also note that my hair line has receded slowly about 1.5cm in the last 10 years.

Alex!!xelA

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, Im guessing that its not male pattern baldness then as people here seem pretty gleeful about giving that diagnosis. Not sure why so many people have viewed and not bothered to hazard a guess. Thanks anyway to the one guy for helping out.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, Im guessing that its not male pattern baldness then as people here seem pretty gleeful about giving that diagnosis. Not sure why so many people have viewed and not bothered to hazard a guess. Thanks anyway to the one guy for helping out.
no one is probably saying anything cuz your hair looks extremely thick and don't look like you're losing hair. You might have some slight temple recession but even then it's hard to tell cuz these pics aren't great.