Need Help Determining What's Wrong.

Kratos25

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, this is my first post here and I would be happy for any input. My scalp is constantly itching and/or in pain, sometimes acne and flaking. I started losing it very quickly 8 months ago after I got bit by a dog and took antibiotics, is it possible the stress of the dog bite or the antibiotic did something to my gut flora that would make this happen? I've tried diflucan, selenium sulfide and zinc and it's done nothing. Worried that it's permanent. And I am also losing hair above my ear which is called retrograde alopecia? people say it could be a thyroid problem? I am the first man in my whole family on both sides to go bald, the sad thing is that I always had a thick huge head of hair growing up and now my hair is stiff, my scalp is either in pain or it feels like I have bugs crawling all over. maybe a nutrition problem? or is this just classic male pattern baldness and it hit me quick in the face in a few months time and I just have to deal with it? Thank you.

Attachments

• hair.png
    hair.png
    133.3 KB · Views: 199
  • hair2.png
    hair2.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 193

Guido

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you lose hair in the back it may be something else and not androgenic alopecia ... if you keep the front line is also positive ... you have to go to the doctor

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no idea what hair situation I have either. It's like my density has tanked, but maintained position without further thinning. Although, my hairline has gradual thinning in a nw2.3 category. No obvious shower shedding, no itchy scalp, no burning.

Hemanth IN

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is not male pattern baldness or Androgenetic Alopecia as it developed suddenly... then what else can this be..? there are two possibilities
1. as you said you get constant itch from 8 months, this is Trichodynia which solutions is not there, doctors just give you some shampoos and creams for temporary relief.
2. as you said (a)you got antibiotic injection and (b)hairloss above ear, this can be any autoimmune contition like Alopecia Areata/etc
See doctor as soon as possible.