Need Help: Been On Generic Finasteride For Almost 3 And It's Not Working

bc1

My Regimen
Reaction score
So long story short I'm 21 and I've begun losing hair at an alarming rate. Even with Accord Finasteride I get about 100 hairs in the hair catcher my hairline is noticeably sparse in some light.

My hairloss is mainly diffuse but my hairline is particularly bad.

I'm unsure about the efficacy of the brand since I don't really have any of the documented Finasteride side effects except a slightly reduced sex drive.

Any advice? Should I switch to propecia? Should I hop on dutasteride? I'm not gonna touch minoxodil. Please help.

If anyone could tell me how bad my situation is/ what norwood i am etc that'd be useful too.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    388.1 KB · Views: 786
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    660.5 KB · Views: 514
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 499
Last edited:

bc1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any time I look in the mirror under good light I can see the middle of my head. I'm just confused because this happened so fast. About 4 months ago I was fine, maybe slight temple recession but not this.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know whats worse than coming to this forum and seeing people cut off their balls to regain their hair?
People with thick NW0 hairlines complaining about hairloss.
Imagine you are a african child at the brink of starving to death, and theres a rich european standing next to you, complaining the chipotle he ate 10 minutes ago got cold before he could finish eating it

bc1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know whats worse than coming to this forum and seeing people cut off their balls to regain their hair?
People with thick NW0 hairlines complaining about hairloss.
Imagine you are a african child at the brink of starving to death, and theres a rich european standing next to you, complaining the chipotle he ate 10 minutes ago got cold before he could finish eating it

The middle of my hairline has so few hairs that under white light you can see my scalp. It's not "thick NW0". In fact it's not NW0 at all, NW1 perhaps but not NW0.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The middle of my hairline has so few hairs that under white light you can see my scalp. It's not "thick NW0". In fact it's not NW0 at all, NW1 perhaps but not NW0.
Yes its NW1. I call it NW0 because NW1 is what virtually every male has. And if you have a NW1, meaning almost non-existant widow peaks, you are not balding.
Of course you can see your scalp under light. Thats how it is for everyone. Humans have hair, not fur. You are not a anime-charackter either.
You aint balding bro, leave this website and come back in 5 years. Or take a good picture of your your middle scalp, because your hairline is completely intact. Are you even a guy? You have the hairline of a woman.

Did you start shedding when you went on finasteride? Its normal to shed hairs for some time

Last edited:

bc1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes its NW1. I call it NW0 because NW1 is what virtually every male has. And if you have a NW1, meaning almost non-existant widow peaks, you are not balding.
Of course you can see your scalp under light. Thats how it is for everyone. Humans have hair, not fur. You are not a anime-charackter either.
You aint balding bro, leave this website and come back in 5 years. Or take a good picture of your your middle scalp, because your hairline is completely intact. Are you even a guy? You have the hairline of a woman.

Did you start shedding when you went on finasteride? Its normal to shed hairs for some time

Hey man, I don't think I shed immediately after starting finasteride. It's not had any discernible difference on the amount of hairs I lose per shower which is around 100. It's been 3ish months of finasteride so far. To reiterate, I'm diffuse shedding, not typical Norwood pattern.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, I don't think I shed immediately after starting finasteride. It's not had any discernible difference on the amount of hairs I lose per shower which is around 100. It's been 3ish months of finasteride so far. To reiterate, I'm diffuse shedding, not typical Norwood pattern.
But did the shedding increase at some point after you started taking finasteride? It can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months for that to happen

bc1

My Regimen
Reaction score
But did the shedding increase at some point after you started taking finasteride? It can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months for that to happen
It's hard to say, maybe initially? My concern is this: Finasteride is meant to start working immediately correct? Aside from Telogen Effluvium caused by introducing it into your system, surely by the 3 month mark its efficacy would be obvious.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's hard to say, maybe initially? My concern is this: Finasteride is meant to start working immediately correct? Aside from Telogen Effluvium caused by introducing it into your system, surely by the 3 month mark its efficacy would be obvious.
I shedded hair for 8 months straight on it, so i wouldnt be so sure about that.
What im saying is, if you never noticed all those shed hairs before you were on finasteride, i wouldnt worry about it.
Now excuse my question again, but are you a woman or not?

bc1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I shedded hair for 8 months straight on it, so i wouldnt be so sure about that.
What im saying is, if you never noticed all those shed hairs before you were on finasteride, i wouldnt worry about it.
Now excuse my question again, but are you a woman or not?

Thanks mate, the thing is I didn't really notice/ pay attention to my hair loss till around 4/5 months ago where I seemed to notice the middle of the hairline getting thinner & the scalp being much more noticeable. There was a slight loss of density around the crown too.

And also no, I'm not a woman lol. I'm pretty sure it's just the angles crossed with the fact my hair's fairly long right now. See pics attached. I my thinning in the middle of my hairline is fairly apparent in one.

Attachments

• IMG_0635.JPG
    IMG_0635.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_7444.JPG
    IMG_7444.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 288

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks mate, the thing is I didn't really notice/ pay attention to my hair loss till around 4/5 months ago where I seemed to notice the middle of the hairline getting thinner & the scalp being much more noticeable. There was a slight loss of density around the crown too.

And also no, I'm not a woman lol. I'm pretty sure it's just the angles crossed with the fact my hair's fairly long right now. See pics attached. I my thinning in the middle of my hairline is fairly apparent in one.
Its just hard to say with long hair and bad lighting. I can make anyone look balding given the right circumstances.
Either way, being on finasteride is the best protection you can have against hairloss, apart from dutasteride maybe.
If your hairloss ever reaches a state where you wont be able to style your hair anymore, i would jump on minoxidil. Right now though, everything seems to be fine. Dont throw the kitchen sink at your hairloss. I made that mistake. I was thinning a bit in the front, used alot of stuff to combat it, shedded a few thousand hairs over the span of many months that only partially came back. Now my hair looks fucked.

Stick to finasteride, wait out the shed and see what happens. Give it atleast 6-8 months before you make another step. I know its hard to shed hairs everyday and simply ignore. It doesnt feel right but thats the best way to approach the whole topic in my opinion.

Reactions: bc1

bc1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its just hard to say with long hair and bad lighting. I can make anyone look balding given the right circumstances.
Either way, being on finasteride is the best protection you can have against hairloss, apart from dutasteride maybe.
If your hairloss ever reaches a state where you wont be able to style your hair anymore, i would jump on minoxidil. Right now though, everything seems to be fine. Dont throw the kitchen sink at your hairloss. I made that mistake. I was thinning a bit in the front, used alot of stuff to combat it, shedded a few thousand hairs over the span of many months that only partially came back. Now my hair looks fucked.

Stick to finasteride, wait out the shed and see what happens. Give it atleast 6-8 months before you make another step. I know its hard to shed hairs everyday and simply ignore. It doesnt feel right but thats the best way to approach the whole topic in my opinion.
Appreciate it man

bc1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Theres no difference

this is my scalp over around 3 months man... should I really just stick to finasteride and let it keep getting worse?

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 218
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    492.3 KB · Views: 230
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    348.8 KB · Views: 214
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    622.7 KB · Views: 242
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 233

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is my scalp over around 3 months man... should I really just stick to finasteride and let it keep getting worse?
Doesnt look like hairloss to me.
3 months is nothing. Finasteride works. Stop looking at your hair everyday and just be glad your hairloss is virtually non-existant. You are already doing the best thing you can do.
I already said everything you need to know. You'll just keep posting pictures, keep asking the same questions, keep making a drama about your hairloss, keep being inpatient, over and over again. This was my last response to you, sorry.

BMax

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks good i dont think anyone is trolling. The pictures look basically the same there is a part in your hair as it is long. Your hairline is fine.

If your on finasteride oral and not getting sides then I agree with everyone else and stick with it.

I wouldn't go change anything unless you notice things getting worse. Or have side effects. In which case speak to your doctor/clinc.