Need help, any response welcome

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Over the last few weeks i have been agonizing over whether to take 1 mg or .5 mg of propecia. I started at the end of july, taking 1mg up until about early sept. I had no sexual sides but i just felt kinda like i had some bad brain fog and sensitive eyes.

Around early sept i switched from 1mg to .5 and it seemed like i had no sides to speak of. However, its now early October and i think my hair is starting to thin big time.

Can anyone help me here? My question is: should i switch back to 1 mg despite the sides. Also, do you think this shed is from me switch to .5? Will or can it be as effective or effective at all?

Please help, anyone who has or is taking .5mg with any success, or anyone who wishes to comment. Thanks

charlieparker

Reaction score
Just take 1mg everyday! Brain fog is ridiculous... and sensitive eyes?? Take it a) for the peace of mind and b) because there is a (extremely slight) chance that .5 mg isn't as effective for you.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
half of the recommanded dose is proved to be very helpful.

bustabucket

Established Member
Reaction score
charlieparker said:
Just take 1mg everyday! Brain fog is ridiculous... and sensitive eyes?? Take it a) for the peace of mind and b) because there is a (extremely slight) chance that .5 mg isn't as effective for you.

If money is no object, yeah. But .5 is half as cheap as 1mg.

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah you know i think you might be right Charlie, if i handled 0.5 just fine, i dont see how bumping it up a little bit is gonna hurt me, millions of men take 5mg proscar a day for bph and theres no huge fuss about it. I just think that when it comes to the one and only hair loss drug that might just be able to save your hair people may tend to get overly paranoid about the sides (myself included). Its like if your going to put all that stock into one little pill i guess some people want to make absolutely sure they know what they are getting themselves into, some people might just get in a little over their heads when it comes to researching the drug and it can lead to paranoia after you discover through enough research that if you want to you can find one person or another thats had just about every single side effect on the planet while taking finasteride. Im dead serious when i say i cant find a single side effect from taking finasteride that someone hasn't brought up. I'd be willing to bet anyone that they couldn't mention a single side effect that i couldn't find someone in some forum claiming that they've experienced it from taking propecia.