Need help and suggestions relating to how to use minoxidil and finasteride

chandan 54

Reaction score
hi everyone...I am new here and I am very happy to join in this forum. I am 24 years old male and I have been suffering from hair loss since 4years. I have consulted a dermatologist and started minoxidil 5% recently, from one month, daily twice and finasteride 0.5 once in the morning. I have been experiencing hair shedding since some 10-15 days.IS this normal?
Should I have to shave my head for using minoxidil...because my hair loss is diffuse...and the minoxidil I apply is adhering to the hair more than the scalp.
And also please suggest me anymore things that u feel I need to add in my regime and and also about vitamin supplements.
I am really surprised by seeing the pictures posted here and I congratulate them on their succes.
thank you

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't have to shave your head, my hair is long and I don't. I use 3-4 ml of minoxidil once a day. 1 ml at my crown, 1 on my front left half of my head and 1 at my front right half of my head. I press the dropper down close to my scalp when applying. Yes, some will definitely get on your hair and be wasted, but if you use the dropper that comes with Kirkland rogaine, it works well. The Spectral UHP dropper isn't great, and the Rogaine applicators are terrible for longer hair!

chandan 54

Reaction score
ok thanks a lot...I will try what u have said....but..dont u get any side effects by using 4 ml of minoxidil...my Doctor said that 2 ml maximum...and also how do u take care of the itching after u apply minoxidil.

My hair gets rough after the minoxidil is dried. Is this normal?

headless

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's quite normal, it's because if the alcohol (in the minoxidil solution). Any progress? :)