NEED BIG HELP! FINASTERIDE AFTER ONE YEAR MARK!

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys! i want to ask anyone loose your hair becouse of the finasteride? becouse i think i had a tellogen efluviun and my hair is a misery becouse of that. i am thinking of drop finasteride and see what happens. i am taking that for a year, in the frits 6 months amazing results...but since that i beggin loose hair. i dont know if finasteride is doing their job against hair loss but hte levels now are too high that it cant do better, or if the finasteride taken for so many time have messed up all my hormones and it reflected in a bad way in my hair loosing it all. what you think guys? should i drop this for a while and to some topical treatments to see what happens?» or should i continue even dont seen results? but i need to do somethink fast... becouse i am in a big depresion! i really dont know what to do.

ps: today in a local pahrmacy they gave me a sample of a new topic product, the name is CRESCINA from LABO COSPROPHAR SUISSE, and they said that it is great! do you know somethink about that?

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Stick with the finistride unless you have sexual performance sides.

Add Minoxidil 5% twice daily.

That sample stuff is probably garbage.

Dont expect much improvment for a few months, so do something fun to combat your depression.

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
but you dont think that finasteride can be doing bad for me? i only see the hair going worst. i read about zix, is it good? i need to do somethink really or i dont know what will happens to me.

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
dr lee told me that finasteride can trigger a tellogen efluviun in some cases, and if you are losing hair you need to stop that to have your hair back. i dont know if this is true

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You said you made great progress in the 1st 6 months, so I wouldent stop it.

Do what you want but I promise you this - if propecia actually was helping you and you stop, no topical is going to slow down the massive shed that will follow. You will gain some back in time with the topicals though.

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
ok, maybe i will give it more time... maybe more 3 months or something to see if the things goes different. but if it doesnt i dont know if i can support this.. i am loosing the interest for my life. :roll:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I would even say DO NOT ADD ANYTHING right now. Finasteride sheds can come at very WEIRD times.

Please give Finasteride a full 12 months before you add anything, even minoxidil, and before you worry about the shedding.

The first year on Finasteride is ALWAYS the worst one as far as sheds go. Ride them out. Adding and taking away from your regimen will only introduce more sheds. So hang in there.

Make sure you are using Nizoral shampoo and have NO ITCHING or inflammation on your scalp too.

HairLossTalk.com

itchy080

Established Member
Reaction score
i had a boat load of itchin and inflamation for like 2 months and that is when i went through my shed, i then brought nixoral and minoxidil, in month 4 of minoxidil had a serious shed, will i regain the ground i have lost, i look at pictures from a yr ago and cant belive how much hair i had, i caught this crap so early that the dr told me this was as early as he had seen anyone come into his office complainin of hairloss, told me i shouldnt worry bout it gave me propecia and said id be fine