Need answer about finasteride???

asuwrestler

Reaction score
I went to the dermatologist about my hair, we talked about him prescribing Generic finasteride for me, he said that there is only a 5mg Generic finasteride, he said that the 1mg finasteride is Propecia, which i understand that finasteride is Propecia, from reading the other posts i see people are taking .25 of finasteride, does that mean they are taking 1mg of Propecia and quartering them or can you get a script for 1mg Generic finasteride, hope that made sense, thanks for your help?

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard of any singular pill that contains 0.25 of the ingredient Finasteride. When most people take 0.25 mg Finasteride / day they are taking a 1 mg pill that contains Finasteride (usually called the brand name propecia) and they quarter it. I'm not sure about the second part of your question, in regards to whether or not you could get a 1 mg Generic Finasteride prescription. Undoubtedly you could buy 1 mg generic online (Fina-stride, Finpecia etc), if you trusted them.

asuwrestler

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply, so when people say they are taking .25 of finasteride, they are taking Propecia?

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Never cut a drug,its disintegration rate is altered when you break a tablet,your body might not tolerate it well,learn about Pharmacodyanamics.
Your purpose of taking a drug may fail.

testingit

Reaction score
i personally wouldnt cut the pill

As someone said I would be concerned with efficiency being effected, however I know there are many who do cut the larger proscar into the 1.25mg quarters and use it fine