Need An Assessment. I Am Losing Ground. Diffuse. Dreading The Summer.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hit the 2 year mark from the moment I first noticed my Hairloss. It came on fast as a Telogen Effluvium at 40. Until them my hair was perfect, this black, wavy with crazy density. I can now see completely through my hair. I still have coverage but the density is gone. The vertex is the worst.

Any ideas what I should try? I have been in RU 4 months oral minoxidil for 1 year at 1.25 per day. I shed over 200 hairs per day, all lengths all thickness.

I’m afraid of Finasteride but desperate. May try the seti or PG route?

Attachments

• 79E46768-35F2-4184-9B03-F17BE8331B28.jpeg
    79E46768-35F2-4184-9B03-F17BE8331B28.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 430

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m afraid of finasteride but desperate. May try the seti or PG route?

You would try some chinese lab compounds with very questionable purity over some FDA approved medications being 20 years on the market? Not sure if you guys are serious.

And the fact that we don’t even know if seti works and have no idea what kind of longterm side effects does blocking PGD2 even have. No f*****g way for me. Seti when I’m out of every other option. And when I’m rich.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You still have good hair. I would try quarter of a 1mg tab of finasteride per day along with your existing stack, just to see if you can tolerate it. If you can then you will get some of that density back.

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You still have good hair. I would try quarter of a 1mg tab of finasteride per day along with your existing stack, just to see if you can tolerate it. If you can then you will get some of that density back.

Man if would have such a great hair at 40 without even being on antiandrogen I would be the f*****g happiest human alive

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I know I have been fortunate but just trying to slow down the loss. It’s crazy how much has gone in just two years.

1. What kind of expectation is reasonable for repairing density on low dose Finasteride.
2. Is there a credible genetic test for individual response to Finasteride?

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. It depends if you are a good responder or not but most people report good results between 6-12 months.
2. No.

I suspect that if you carry on using RU & low dose Fiasteride you will pretty much nuke the DHT and stop your hair loss. It is whether or not you get sides from doing so that will count upon whether its a success for you. The vast majority don't get any sides. Why are you on oral minoxidil not topical?

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. It depends if you are a good responder or not but most people report good results between 6-12 months.
2. No.

I suspect that if you carry on using RU & low dose Fiasteride you will pretty much nuke the DHT and stop your hair loss. It is whether or not you get sides from doing so that will count upon whether its a success for you. The vast majority don't get any sides. Why are you on oral minoxidil not topical?

I haven’t see the guy’s regimen lol... man, finasteride is the safest there.. but you know that’s just my opinion

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I went for a consult with Doctor Konior and he recommended the oral minoxidil. I hadn’t started topcial twice per day and it was a shedding massacre. He put me on oral in June and the shedding declined. My shed now is the worst it’s has ever been. Handful each wash (every 3 days)

YoungandHairy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 99 percent sure you don't have male pattern baldness. Thyroid issues and nutritional deficiencies are most likely the cause of your hair loss.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m sick about starting now when I could have saved so much over two years. I really believed it could have been Thyroid or nutrition and waited. Seems like it’s gotten worse with each treatment.

YoungandHairy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you gotten your thyroid checked or have any abnormal symptoms in general related to your overall health?

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
You hair looks good for a 41yr old and may just be changing without going bald. I think adding the .25mg finasteride would be helpful. This low of a dose cumulatively is as effective for DHT in the scalp as 1mg.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes on thyroid. All of this started 2 years ago when a female PCP put me on Synthroid after a slightly hypo results. I screwed up the dose on a long trip to India and had a crazy Telogen Effluvium. Since then nothing is growing and I’m still shedding crazy amounts. Literally my hand is covered in hair anytime I wash it with equal shedding with careful brushing. The density is the worse part. I’m terrified of Finasteride effect on the brain. It led me to try RU but the shed has only been worse while in it. I just don’t want to mess with Finasteride if something else’s is at play.

YoungandHairy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride would be useless for your situation as your hairloss is not due to DHT. I lost a ton of hair in a diffuse manner as well due to my thyroid going out of whack a year ago. I would stay away from Synthroid as many people report hairloss while they're on it. I've started taking Iodoral which is simply iodine and iodide and it seems to be helping my hypothyroidism. Keeping an eye on my hair as it should be regrowing back over the next couple of months. My case is somewhat peculiar because I have male pattern baldness and thyroid related loss. Before I started having thyroid issues, I had recession at my hairline but had extremely thick hair all over. Anyways, RU and finasteride isn't really going to do anything at all. Focus on fixing your thryoid to be honest and your hair will undoubtedly return to its original density.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair issue/crown and vertex thinning occurred after I took ephedrine, yohimbine and nicotine to lose weight. I also noticed my eye brows started thinning as well. I was hypo before (10yrs ago but stopped the meds, had to use minoxidil around that time too since I had crown thinning) and was once again hypo.

Idk if the hair loss occurred due to the drugs, thyroid or male pattern baldness (or a combo of two or all) but since I am unsure I don't want to use finasteride yet because if it isn't due to DHT I am worried it will do more damage than good. I was taking 1 grain of Naturethroid for a month and now I am taking 2 grains which is about 76mcg of T4 and 18mcg of T3. My hair seems to be doing well even with the extreme shedding from minoxidil and massaging. With the amount of shedding I seriously should be bald by now, it is unreal.

All we can do is just stay on track. It is hard.