Need advices.. Continued hairline thinning after 6 months into fina !

Onizukasan76

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys ! First of all, I'm a french guy, so please don't be too hard with my English So actually I'm totally hopeless, and I really don't know if I have to quit immediately fina or if I should stay with it...

I've taken my first fina's pill (0,25, not 1mg) 6 months ago. I have started the 1st August. My regimen was, following my GP advices, 0,25mg 3 times a week during one month, then 0,5mg three times a week and then, if no sides, eventually switch to 1mg 3 times a week.But after 1 month, and almost immediately, when I switched from 0,25mg to 0,5mg, I've got pretty bad face acne. After 1 month I decided to come back at the 0,25mg dosage. But acne was still here, it was just one or two pimples every one or 2 weeks, but those were often pretty big... 1 month ago, I solve my problem with acne, I'm on Zinc 15mg per day and it disappear.

The main problem now is my density, that is disappearing day after day, it's really freaking me !! When I started fina, my hairs were really not bad, just a little recession on my temples and on my hairline, at the corners. Now, after 6 months under fina I lost density all over my scalp, and especially on the front area, behind my hairline. On this area, I can see my scalp when I'm under the bathroom spot !!! Even when my hairs are dry, and when I apply my thickening paste, I can now see the scalp on the middle of my hairline, for the first time of my life.... I always had thick hairs, I just had a small density loss 6 months ago before I start fine, but now, it's really really worst !!

So my question guy, is it normal to lost so much density, is it the normal shedding phase before my hairs come back thicker, and so I have to stay with the treatment ? Or should I go off fina asap ? The fact that even at 0,5mg 3 times a week I had important side effects (acne and chest pain, I forgot this one sorry) is maybe a sign of reflex hyperandogenicity ? And I see that continued thinning after 6 months should be telogen effluvium too... I read so much things, I'm desperate and lost guys...

Before the treatment :
View attachment 156028

Now (after 6 months) :
View attachment 156029

View attachment 156030

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see what you're talking about, but it doesn't look much different IMO.

The acne side effect is concerning though. Is your skin and scalp more oily? What about body hair and facial hair? What about earwax? I ask beause finasteride gave me hyperandrogenicity. But it's possible you're just shedding and that things will improve over the next few months.

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Norwoody your scalp and hair still oily from the finasteride hyperandrogenicity. Have found any method or medication to solve that oily scalp problems.

My concerns is the oily scalp as well. Have tried everything but nothing works. The only thing that felt a little improvement is Ginko Bilboa. However, I think it's giving me gyno

Regards

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Norwoody your scalp and hair still oily from the finasteride hyperandrogenicity. Have found any method or medication to solve that oily scalp problems.

My concerns is the oily scalp as well. Have tried everything but nothing works. The only thing that felt a little improvement is Ginko Bilboa. However, I think it's giving me gyno

Regards
Keto shampoo helps but it only provides relief for a couple hours. I guess some people say tretinoin might help with it too but I haven't tried it. If you dermaroll right before using keto it will help more. Some people are using keto cream which you leave on at night, but I haven't tried it as it is too expensive.

Additionally, I will say that some duta users have reported decreased sebum. This is because duta also inhibit type 1 5AR which is responsible for stimulating the sebaceous glands (finasteride does not reduce type 1). So something I might consider in the near future.

Washing it twice a day is a necessity for me.

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keto shampoo helps but it only provides relief for a couple hours. I guess some people say tretinoin might help with it too but I haven't tried it. If you dermaroll right before using keto it will help more. Some people are using keto cream which you leave on at night, but I haven't tried it as it is too expensive.

Additionally, I will say that some duta users have reported decreased sebum. This is because duta also inhibit type 1 5AR which is responsible for stimulating the sebaceous glands (finasteride does not reduce type 1). So something I might consider in the near future.

Washing it twice a day is a necessity for me.
Thanks for the feedback,

I guess we have the same annoying problem.
Saw Palmetto inhibit both type 1 and 2

How is your hairloss. Did you do any hair transplant procedure ?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No transplant (yet?). Not particularly aggressive. I got to a NW2 and was willing to accept that as a mature hairline, but it looked like I was heading to a 2.5. So I've gotten myself down to about a 1.5. I actually didn't realize SP does that to type 1!

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Me too in 5 years Hair loss it's stable now with Norwood 3. However the oily hair is driving me crazy.
I shed at max 3 fine hairs no terminal per day

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Me too in 5 years Hair loss it's stable now with Norwood 3. However the oily hair is driving me crazy.
I shed at max 3 fine hairs no terminal per day
Yeah I have the same problem. Maybe I will try SP again and see if it does help with that. People take accutane to help dry that up but it destroys your hair apparently. So addressing the type 1 5AR seems to be the only way. Do you know what percent of inhibition SP does to it? I know overall it's in the 30's

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah exactly 32 % DHT reduction.
I think compounding Finasteridr and SP, we can see a nice reduction of Type 1, 2 and 3 AR

Are you taking finasteride ? Or just SP

If yes, so far how is it your experience with Finasteride
I am not taking it, but I need to save my hair, however very concerned about the AR unregulated

Thanks

Attachments

• 16125449131269071060640127593598.jpg
    16125449131269071060640127593598.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 210

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got hyper from finasteride. I tried it for 20 months. Increased body hair, increased sebum, increased ear wax, increased shedding. I tried SP in the early stages of hair loss a few years ago and it didn't seem to do much but I'm considering it now that it can inhibit type 1. I'm maintaining fine but I think it would really help me with regrowth if I can reduce this sebum.

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Kintor Pharmaceuticals just got their IND application for their new drug GT20029 approved by the NMPA.

What is GT20029?

«GT20029 is an AR degrader that degrades the AR protein. The mechanism of action of GT20029 is to recruit the AR protein to the E3 ubiquitin ligase for degradation. It acts on the local tissues of the peripheral skin and local hair follicle sebaceous glands, which reduces the sensitivity of AR to androgens without systemic exposure to the drug.»
I am looking forward to this new drug. The solution would be to kill the Androgen receptor locally