need advice.

jorogaine

Reaction score
So for about a year I used minoxidil when I noticed my temples we're beginning to recede. I used it once at night and it turned my nice dense head of hair to ****. I'd say I lost about 30-40 percent density in the first 3 months. After that my hair began to fill out again, I'm going say I gained maybe half of what I lost back in the following 9 months. At the year mark I was not satisfied at all and my temples had not improved either. I quit rogaine and a big shed followed. I quit about 4 months ago and my hair is so far from where I began before the minoxidil and it's depressing. Can I expect my hair to make any kind of recovery now that my hair will be back on it's normal cycle. I am 23 years old.

bluejay

Established Member
Reaction score
I took the liquid alone as well for my thinning crown last year. I got horrible psoriasis that bled and left my head caked in dandruff after three months. After I quit it the hair loss seemed to ramp into overdrive and my bald spot got large fast but now I'm sticking to the foam (Rogaine 5%)and added finasteride. My hair's even better than it was a year ago before I used the liquid after only three months. They say some people can be overly sensitive to the high levels of propylene glycol that the liquid contains (a chemical irritant that promotes better absorption). Certain people may be allergic to it so its advisable to switch to the foam because it contains less of the stuff and dries a lot quicker. Do that and see what happens after 4-6 months then add finasteride if you feel you have to.

jorogaine

Reaction score
I would really rather stay off of hair products for good. I want to see if someone could share their expirience with me so I know what to expect.. if I can even just get back to where I started that'd be great. I really hate rogaine.

Blessed99

Reaction score
So for about a year I used minoxidil when I noticed my temples we're beginning to recede. I used it once at night and it turned my nice dense head of hair to ****. I'd say I lost about 30-40 percent density in the first 3 months. After that my hair began to fill out again, I'm going say I gained maybe half of what I lost back in the following 9 months. At the year mark I was not satisfied at all and my temples had not improved either. I quit rogaine and a big shed followed. I quit about 4 months ago and my hair is so far from where I began before the minoxidil and it's depressing. Can I expect my hair to make any kind of recovery now that my hair will be back on it's normal cycle. I am 23 years old.

Sometimes I regret even beginning Minoxidil because I had a similar experience.

jorogaine

Reaction score
I don't need my hairline to improve but is there any chance my hair will thicken back up near my left temple once I am fully detoxed?

shookwun

Reaction score
Without inhibiting dht it'll continue to thin.

Almost all medication is useless without inhibiting dht through finasteride. Min becomes synergistic when yu add finasteride to the mix, without it continue to thin and won't do anything. On other hand if you inhibit dht then products like min have a chance to strengthen he follicle

jorogaine

Reaction score
So even though I am young (23) and my hair only seemed to thin after I started minoxidil. You guys don't think there is any chance at all that within 1-2 years my hair will thicken up again and return to it's natural state?

dotjm

Reaction score
Results

Yeah i found minoxidil on its own didnt to much, have to throw in something to stop the loss and let the minoxidil recover it..